1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Black and White - Wireless

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by heatfire26, Dec 24, 2012.

1. heatfire26

heatfire26 Well-Known Member

Hello, my friend has pokemon white and i have pokemon black.
    I would like to know if there was a way we can get each others friend code without wifi, cause wifi doesnt work.

Thanks.

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Posted in wrong section.
    If both are using console + flash cart + in same room, no other way but through WIFI (no need router).

3. heatfire26

i tried wifi, but i cant connect to it.

4. Prectorian

If you are both in the same room, then;
    You can add each other friend code manually via an app called 'Pal Pad' found in your key items bag.
    Make sure both of you turn on GAME SYNC, and only one does the searching for friend, the other just wait to accept it.
    Also, refrain from trying to use the IR function under the GAME SYNC menu, it'll not work since flash carts don't have IR feature.
    You have to use the entre-link or the booths in the PokeCenter to link to each other.

When you say that you have WIFI...do you mean WIFI router? Are you and your friend in different places, far from each other?
    If you are in the same house, same room, face to face. No need to rely on router.
    Are you on an NDS/NDSL? If yes, it need to use WEP Wireless Security set in the WIFI router. Use the 8-16 passkey.
    Maybe your router is set to use WPA/WPA2, it's not compatible. Go to your router's config to check-change to it.
    Also make sure to use the "b/g/n mix" setting.
    If you are on DSi/3DS, find out if your console can run WEP or WPA or both. Then make sure to config the router and console
    properly.

Here's the official Pokemon Black and White Booklet that comes with the official cart: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/gameslist/manuals/DS_Pokemon_Black.pdf

5. heatfire26

We are both in the same room and we both have NDSL. it says the wifi is not compatible.

For the friend code, i dont have a code, and it tells me to find mine via wifi.

6. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

7. Prectorian

Seems to me apparently it's your first time ever playing Pokemon games. Your Friend Code can be found in the Pal Pad app. Since when does it require looking for it on wifi? You're mixing up your info, making it confusing.

Open up your BAG, then go to Key Items, and you should see your Pal Pad device app. Use the Pal Pad, and you will see the option to see your own Friend Code, register your friend's friend code, and even to edit them. Again I should remind you, don't bother to try using any IR features since both of you are using rom + flash cart. It won't work because flash cart don't have any IR feature on it.
    If you can't find any Pal Pad in the Key Item, that means you haven't received it from someone in-game.

Read the booklet that I provided to you earlier in the above post. What you need to do and know are all in there. So just read it, and follow it. That's all I can tell you. Bye and Good luck.

8. heatfire26

[​IMG]

Sorry for any confusion, this was what i was talking about.

9. Prectorian

Again if you have to go online via WIFI router, since you are on NDSL, change your router's wireless security from running on WPA/WPA2 to WEP encryption. Make sure your router is set to run on 'b/g/n mixed' and 'dynamic IP', input a set of password between 8-16 digit combination of made up of(0-9 and A-F only). But ask permission from your parents or whoever rules over the use of your home router. Once you have set up your router to WEP, run your game, enter WFC setting, make it search for your router, input data where necessary, do test run, once it says 'successful test', you can go online at any given time on any games without needing to re-config again.