1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Black and White starters... who made these things?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by timmy1991, Jun 12, 2010.

1. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

I decided to see if the starter pokemon for Black and White have been revealed yet, and they have...
    the starters, in few words, just look retarded... I do not know who came up with the ideas for them, but they must be some of the worst starters since Diamond and Pearl (in which the only one I actally liked was chimchar).
    My favorite is usually the fire starter, but now, it seems as though the usual badass looking fire starter has turned into an overly happy looking piglet. We also have what Serebii says is a grass snake, but it has legs... snake =/= legs. And we can not forget the water starter... a depressed looking sea otter. My guess is he's depressed because he has a seashell lodged in his chest, and looks like a ripoff from piplup.

that's my opinion on the new starters, maybe their evolutions will be utterly amazing (torchic-->blaziken FTW!), but as it stands, I don't like them...

here's where you can see what they look like.
    http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml
    the top 3 are the starters, the bottom ones are the legendaries, which I do think look pretty awesome.

2. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Not another thread....

*sigh*

Serebii has been updated with a few new Pokemon... Including Magnemite's long distant cousin.

3. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

Didn't know there was another one... the search feature doesn't like to work for me...

I saw magnemites cousin... kinda weird looking, interesting, but weird

4. Stanley Richards

Not another one, about 500 other threads relating to the new Pokemon game.

It's ability is the weirdest.

Plus/Minus.

5. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

You mean useless

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I think that Nintendo took a shit on its own face.

7. trimbletown

trimbletown Well-Known Member

I WANT THE GRASS ONE!

8. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

Chiramii (cutieeeeeeeee), Hihidaruma (wicked design) and Zoroark look really cool.
    "Gear" looks like crappy baby twins of a Haguramon.
    The grass and water starters (I like fire piggy, I think it's pretty damn adora-bobble) look awful. The water starter looks even worse than the fire chimp with the anime turd on it's head from the third generation. When I look at the grass type, I immediately think of the "snobby English guy" stereotype (and, lately, that means the BP thing, if one of his attacks involves oil and poisoning; I wouldn't be surprised).
    Munna looks like something that hatches from an egg after exposing it to radiation throughout the incubation period (a new game mechanic? :))
    Mamepato isn't even a Poke'mon, it's just a friggin' pigeon. I know that Poke'mon that look like regular RW animals is nothing new (especially for birds), but this one doesn't have any design quirks whatsoever; I hope its evolutions look good. It's just so bland : /
    Shimama and Meguroko look O.K (their designs may mean a game area that is similar to parts of Africa perhaps?).
    Zorua isn't as cute as Vulpix, or as cool as Sneazel IMAO. It doesn't look bad though.
    The legendaries look really magnificent. Especially the black one.

9. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

The starters have been revealed for quite some time now...

And since when have any starters looked badass from their first evolution?
    Anyway, the pig is the least bad looking one. The lizard has a stupid smug look on its face, while the otter is over designed to point its been accessorised.
    The legendaries are also over designed garbage imo, even if zekrom looks slightly better.

The best looking pokemon so far is Hinidaruma, the awesome faced gorrilla/daruma.

10. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

lol

11. markswan

It doesn't look "over designed" to me (or "accessorized" either; accessorized with what?). It just looks lame.
    .Everyone's entitled to an opinion. I don't think that the legendaries are "over designed" though. They look pretty impressive to me : /

12. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

I mean adding needless extras like freckles and it does look like its wearing some kind of garment with a collar (it doesn't match the rest of its body).
    Well, reshiram is worst, it looks rubbish with all that add-on stuff like neck rings, stickout claws (looks terrible), combuster tail, feather penis lol etc.

13. kenny6457

kenny6457 Well-Known Member

hey i like the legendaries and grass snake pokemon

14. Zero.EXE

Zero.EXE Well-Known Member

Truthfully Pokemon should be dead... I mean nintendo clearly they ran out of Ideas but I must say I can see Chiramii riding on my shoulder lol. As for magnimite's distant cousin Giaru.... WHY WHY magnetron was enough man. The only desent starter I can see is the grass one it kinda reminds me of a Grovile which was kick ass!!!

15. markswan

Why are people saying that the twin gear Pok'emon looks like a Magnemite evolution? It doesn't really... It's only similar in that it is two of the same Poke'mon stuck together(and that it has an ability that suggests magnetism I suppose : / ).

16. frostydrag0n

frostydrag0n Well-Known Member

is it me or does one of the new pokemons look like hagurumon from digimon!? XD

17. rell

rell Well-Known Member

U know whats funny?? half of you people re talking about these starters, but when you have them and evolve them, your going to verbally attack people who spam about them. FACT.

18. Stanley Richards

Whats your point? That the final evolutions of these things is going to be wicked cool? Puh-lease.

19. Chrizu

Chrizu Member

yeaa the grass one looks the most interesting out of the three...and thats sad...but maybe their evolutions will look better o.o

20. cloud55

cloud55 Member

Yeah, maybe they will look better at they're evolved forms. And Zoroark look wicked cool with a topping of awesomeness sprinkled all over it. ;)