1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Black and white. Bottom screen buttons not showing

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Porhati, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Porhati

Porhati New Member

I use DeSmuME emulator to run my games. I have run Pokemon Heart Gold for a long time now without any problems. When I run the black or white version the buttons that are supposed to show up on the bottom screen does not show up. There is no button for "Bag", "Pokedex", "Pokemon" or "Pokegear". None of those are there at all. Just the blue background screen. The game works perfectly. I walk around, battle and enter conversations like normal. And the strangest this is that the buttons return when I am battling. The "Fight", "Bag", "pokemon" and "Run" buttons are there when I battle and I can click on them as normal. It is just when I walk around that none of them are there.

I tried downloading the latest version of the emulator but the buttons did not show up. I also tried a Japanese version of Black and White but it did not fix it. My hardware should not be the problem since it is very good. I7 processor, 4 GB RAM and 260 nvidia graphics card. I hav 64 bit Windows 7.

Does anyone know why this does not work?

Thank you

Porhati

2. Porhati

Porhati New Member

Does anyone know how to fix this?
    If it maybe works better with another ROM program?

3. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

look for a more up-to-date version of that emulator
    if this does not exist go for the newest no$gba

4. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Black and White do not naturally show the buttons on the bottom screen. You have to press X or Y (I forget which) to bring up the menu. Then you can hit the buttons on the touchscreen. The C-Gear, whether it is on or off, will occupy the touchscreen area all of the time once you get it.

5. maxmahito

maxmahito Well-Known Member

"X" button assigned to the keyboard in the emulator

6. Porhati

Porhati New Member

Thanks a lot. Got the menu up. I think it is strange that they have done it that way but at least it it working fine now. Thanks.