1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Black and Black 2 won't read downloaded saves on my Acekard 2

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by amzypop, Dec 25, 2013.

1. amzypop

amzypop New Member

Hi :D

I'm using a DS Lite for this and my Acekard 2 flashcard.

So far Pokemon Heart Gold and Pokemon Pearl have read saves that I have downloaded (.sav) just fine, but Pokemon Black and Pokemon Black 2 won't read downloaded saves. What I mean is when I load up the latter two games I only get the option to start a new game and not continue the save file I downloaded. I've been using patched roms to bypass the anti-piracy if that helps at all, though this didn't affect Pokemon Heart Gold or Pokemon Pearl. The saves I've been downloading are definitely for the right games as well :p

I renamed the save files to match the ROMs and each time I only have one save per game on my Acekard 2.

I'd be really grateful if anyone could help me with this at all! :) Merry Christmas :)

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Maybe try creating a new game, playing a bit, saving and then replacing the save file.

3. amzypop

amzypop New Member

Thanks for this! I gave this a go earlier but I couldn't locate the save file. Do you have any idea where the save file goes? :)

Thanks for trying to help!

4. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

The save file (the one created) should be in the same directory as the ROM.
    So if the ROM is in "/roms/pokemon/heartgold.nds", the save file should be in "/roms/pokemon/heartgold.sav".

(I'm just using HeartGold as an example)

5. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Since you're on Acekard 2i which had been abandoned by the makers. You will need to use AKAIO (latest version) to run the rom from.
    Use pre-patched rom (deactivate auto AP fix in the Acekard 2i/AKAIO), make sure the save file name is exactly the same as the pre-patched rom's name (If it still could be located via the rom's menu). The save file should be found in the same location as the rom. If not readable; Probably the save file is corrupted or you need to use a save file convertor to make it useable on Acekard 2i. Most likely that downloaded save file was created using an R4, which could be different in size to the one use by the Acekard. Also it could have been edited using a pokemon editing program, which could render it faulty. Might as well you play from beginning, it's more enjoyable that way than continuing what others had achieved.