1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Black 2 Unova link Keys

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Shenaynerz, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Shenaynerz

Shenaynerz Member

My friend would really like to get the Challenge mode key before starting his legit copy of Pokemon Black 2, and I downloaded and cheated through the Elite four on my own R4, but we're worried that the IR won't connect. Has anyone tried this?

Edit: The only reason I'm asking is because I won't be seeing my friend till tomorrow, and I don't want to tell him I can do the transfer when I can't.

2. Lea-Gamer

Lea-Gamer Well-Known Member

There is currently no flashcarts that have infrared connection; only wireless and wifi will work, as they're built into the system, where as IR is built into the game cards.
    Sorry to burst you're bubble.

3. Shenaynerz

Shenaynerz Member

Are there any alternatives for my friend?

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

If your friend is to play the game on the legit copy (which the cart got IR on board it), while you on R4 (which doesn't have IR on it), then to make it work is not on your friend's side issue. But your side issue, to get to play on IR then you are the one needing to buy the official game cart as he has done just that. Same way round if you are the one who had the official cart and he's on R4. Not even using emulator will help since emulators don't support IR even though the computer (in this case laptop) has IR, but it just doesn't have that ability to use it.