1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Black 2 destroyed my acekard 2i??

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by JermzTheLion, Jun 23, 2012.

1. JermzTheLion

JermzTheLion Member

Hey all, just downloaded the Pocket Monsters Black 2 rom, loaded it up into my acekard, selected it, and it froze at the loading screen. I figured "anti-piracy, got it" but when i rebooted my 3DS, the Acekard failed to be recognized. i tried taking it out and reinserting it, nothing.. shut the system off again and restarted it.. nothing.. then I tried putting it in my gf's DS Lite, and the system froze before it even got to the menu. Did the rom's anti-piracy featured brick my acekard?? I've had the cart for a little less than a year and it's worked perfectly. What's going on??

2. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

youre probably having contact issues with youre acekard. its pretty normal for that card to have it. check this guide on how to fix this issue: http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=52218.0 go to contact issues part

3. JermzTheLion

JermzTheLion Member

Thanks for sending me that link iluvfupaburgers (lmao at your name) it WASN'T a contact issue, however it WAS bricked. Thank goodness I gave my gf my old R4, I was able to unbrick it!

Warning for all Acekard 2i (possibly other flashcart) users: UNPATCHED POCKET MONSTERS B/W2 ROMS WILL BRICK YOUR CART!

4. iluvfupaburgers

thats a wierd issue. roms shouldnt brick flashcarts. where did you get youre rom? if it was another rom site, pm me

5. JermzTheLion

JermzTheLion Member

I downloaded it from this site. I thought that too, so once I unbricked the cart, I tried it one more time and it got bricked again lol.. Nintendo is getting smart i guess

6. iluvfupaburgers

try downloading the game agian. maybe its not downlaoded right

7. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

That is very weird.
    I download the same ROM (from the main site I guess), tried it on my AceKard and no problems whatsoever.

8. samurayjp

samurayjp New Member

I am ak2i seller, and some customers reported the same problem.
    For some reason the ROM is causing brick.
    It is known that the AKAIO have problems with some MicroSD cards.
    Perhaps this is the problem. Or something to do with AKAIO "antipiracy Baypass".
    I'm still looking to find out why.

If anyone has any more information, I appreciate it.