1. This forum is in read-only mode.

pokemon b/w has been out almost 2 years and I still cant find a working file

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by thend420, Sep 21, 2012.

1. thend420

thend420 Member

Yes I use the dreaded N5 card.. for 3+ years no issues becides I cant get this game to work. The DS has even been droped into the toilet more then once.. still works just fine..

I have spent the last 12 hrs or so looking on this site as well as others.. gbatemp was usually the go to for this stuff but they dont want people to request games there. I down loaded the one here. white screen. DL the game from googled sites. tried torrents. All white screen.

I saw a post on how to get it for N5 but one of the links to the "fix" is from megaupload.. get a cute FBI message. So that didnt work.

Tried a "universal fix" patch as well. It gives me an error of course..

So before I start breaking things out of frustration..

Can someone please help explain and or just point me to the right place cauz I just cant find anything that works.

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

You should try and download one of the pre-patched ROMs.
    You can find them in the NDS section of the forum.
    If there are no links available I'll re-upload.

3. thend420

thend420 Member

Not seeing it on the top post.. I do feel I'm going blind with rage though.... and its 30 pages long it seems...
    Post Merge: [time]1348259919[/time]
    ds scene rom tool.. finally decided to update w/o giving an error but now when I try to load the game it freezes while creating save data. now if only I can find that 1 post in the 50 I saw today about someone having a save data to DL to fix this problem..
    Post Merge: [time]1348262381[/time]
    Started here
    http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=54267.0

Step 3 is the megaupload that I cant get i guess.. seems I'm missing files for the directions for the following link.

http://gbatemp.net/t255513-wood-for-r4sdhc-clone-only-not-r4-original

WAIO.NDS, then run woodr4dldi.nds are no where to be found as well as in the pics for directions.. I dont have nearly that many files.

I dont understand.. i dont see how 2 years later no one made this easy to do.. This is seriously pissing me off.

Post Merge: [time]1348263210[/time]
    found a link posted by you... This is what has been happening to me all day.. broken links, white screens, error msgs.. and home page changes.. oh and the never ending assault from lividuploader instead of DL the file it said...
    Post Merge: [time]1348264606[/time]
    ok where should I be posting cauz this is obviously not the right place....?
    Post Merge: [time]1348267859[/time]
    ok well by some fluke i found a torrent fix and a torrent game that works.. least so far.. lets me save.. can gain exp. Cheat codes are listed just not tried any yet.. Only part I'll have to wait n see is if wifi works. Ill let ya all know.

@ pirate bay searched and found

Pokemon Black and White Fix for Game Cartridges

has files for many different cards. Mine being the red headed step child N5. not even N5i.. So hopefully this will work for anyone.

4. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Righty.
    Don't bother with WAIO. It is pretty bad now days.

If the one from TPB doesn't work, tell me, and I'll re-upload the patched files.

5. thend420

thend420 Member

seems good thanks. was able to connect the game to the DS wifi from the title screen. only issue I see is non software related.. the item codes put things in wrong pockets.. TMs in key items but w/e. I'll fix that later.

thanks ^^

6. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

N5 users can add YSMENU as secondary firmware.
    Here's the link : http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=43121.0
    Use the files in the folder marked as 'R4_Clone YSMENU'.
    Back up before doing the approach, just in case you accidentally make a mistake.
    Follow the text file instruction provided in the download.
    When needing to update, simply exchange the 'extinfo.dat, infolib.dat, and savlib.dat' in TTMENU folder with the latest.
    No need to replace the other files.