1. This forum is in read-only mode.

poke' HM&SS trade from Rom to Hard Copy

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by dontshoot21, Mar 14, 2010.

1. dontshoot21

dontshoot21 New Member

well i may be a noob for asking this but i may not so ima take the risk,
    before i ask though i apologize if someones asked this before i cant find it though.

so i have a copy of HG sitting snugly in my DS but i want me a vulpx and meouth and such~
    would there be a way to trade from an emulation to the hard copy? or has nintendo implemented some kinda failsafe?

please n' thanks

2. snebbers

snebbers Well-Known Member

Do you mean Emulation from a computer? or from an R4 card, DSTT, AceKard, etc.

Well in theory it would work the same from a Card, they are exactly the same game of course. Unless of course there is an Anti-Piracy with Trading.

3. dontshoot21

dontshoot21 New Member

"Do you mean Emulation from a computer? or from an R4 card, DSTT, AceKard, etc. "

yeah i mean from a computer, ive got a hard copy of the game itself 100% ligit, and ive got a rom version of it that i got on this site.

4. deanalexander

deanalexander Well-Known Member

He means, are you trading through a flashcart or a emulator on the computer.

5. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

Of course that can't be done. An Emulator is something that just 'acts' like something, but it isn't the real thing.

6. snebbers

snebbers Well-Known Member

Not true, the game is the same. An Emulator on a pc can't trade to a DS Real-cart game. But the Rom on a flash cart can.

7. dontshoot21

dontshoot21 New Member

thx to all on the advice, ima barrow my friends flash cart and see if i can get some stuff done~

8. DarkSylux

DarkSylux Active Member

throwing in some curiosity here...can you use teh GTS when using an emulator? i wouldn't know since i dont have a DS emulator

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

no, DS emulators do not support wifi and wont for the forseeable future.