1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokémon HGSS - Enhanced Script - With AP FIX!

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by MasterEmerald, Mar 28, 2010.

1. MasterEmerald

MasterEmerald Member

I made a patch that changes some names on the Pokémon HGSS (U) ROMS. NOW WITH AP FIX!

Screens:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    List of changes:

Trainer names:

Ethan -> Leo (Both Kotone and Hibiki are sound related, Leo means sound in hawaian)
    Ariana -> Athena (Original (J) Name)
    Archer -> Apollo (Original (J) Name)
    Proton -> Eta (His original name was Lance, I followed the greek theme and gave him a greek letter name)
    Petrel -> Epsilon (As the original names started with the same letter (Athena Apollo, Lamba Lance) I gave him another greek name with E)
    Kirk -> Mania (Original name from G/S)

Items:

Jade Orb -> Green Orb (Following Blue and Red orbs)
    Berry Pots -> BerryPlanter (Original (J) Name)
    Dowsing MCHN -> Item Finder (Original G/S Name)
    GB Sounds -> GB Player (Original (J) Name)
    Apricorn Box -> ApricornCase (Original (J) Name)

Places:

Bellchime Trail -> Bellchime Path (Based on the Original (J) Name)
    Bell Tower -> Tin Tower (Original G/S Name)
    Frontier Access -> Frontier Front (Original (J) Name)
    House of Memories -> Soul House (Original G/S Name)
    Embedded Tower -> Hidden Tower (Original (J) Name)
    SLOWPOKE Well -> Slowpoke Well (Removed the CAPS)
    Mystri Stage -> Triad Stage (Original (J) Name)

Mottos:

Ecruteak City
    A Historical City -> The Past Meets the Present (Based on the Original from G/S)

Goldenrod City
    A Happening Big City -> A City of Opulent Charm (Based on the Original from G/S)

Saffron City
    Shining Big City -> Gold Land of Commerce (Based on the Original from G/S)

Lavender Town
    The Noble Town -> The Noble Purple Town (Original from G/S)

Viridian City
    The City of Evergreen -> The Eternally Green Paradise (Based on the Original from G/S)

Pallet Town
    A Pure White Beggining -> A Setting of Peace and Purity (Based on the Original from G/S)

Cerulean City
    The Floral Lagoon City -> A Nice Blue Aura Surrounds It (Based on the Original from G/S)

Fuchsia City
    Happening and Passing City -> Behold! It's Passion Pink! (Original from G/S)

Celadon City
    City of the Rainbow's Colors -> The City of Rainbow Dreams (Original from G/S)

Cinnabar Island
    The Ravaged Town of the Past -> The Town of Burning Desire (Based on the Original from G/S)

Pewter City
    Between Rugged Mountains -> A Stone Gray City (Original from G/S)

Other changes:

Pokéathlon -> Pokéthlon (Original (J) Name)

When you receive the Pokégear from your mom, when she asks if you remember how to use the phone, if you answer YES, she now says: "I thought so, children become smarter and smarter each day!" (It's better since it makes sense now)

If you lose a battle it says "Player whited out" instead of "Blacked out" (Original from G/S).

The old man in front of the Burned tower now mentions the real name of it, the Brass Tower. (Original from Crystal)

Removed the CAPS from "BILL'S PC" and "SOMEONE'S PC", so it keeps the style of "Player's PC".

Patch Download

Patching method inside the ZIP, for SoulSilver read READMESILVER.txt and for HeartGold read READMEGOLD.txt

Enjoy! NOW IT AUTOMATICALLY PATCHES THE ROM WITH RUDOLPH'S ANTI-PIRACY FIX V2 PATCH!

Works on No$GBA with this code:

020DE16C E1A00000
    020D3FA8 E1A00000

2. sokka101

sokka101 Well-Known Member

Re: Pokémon HeartGold - Enhanced Script

ok for the actual patch download do I click find or save?

3. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

'Whited' out? Why whited out? Sure the screen turns white but it makes a lot more sense if it's blacked out, considering that blacked out actually makes sense in that context.

4. MasterEmerald

MasterEmerald Member

I updated the patch, re-download it and re-read the instructions.

It was that way in the original Gold/Silver. I thought it would be a nice idea to return to the roots =p.

5. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I remember this. From RBY, they had blacked out, and then they changed it to whited out in G/S/C.

I kinda wish they kept the original Japanese names for all of the characters as a reminder that this is a Japanese game, not an English game that's Japanese-esque. It totally did not occur to me until I was 9 or 10 that everything Pokemon came from Japan first, and then reached the states.

6. MasterEmerald

MasterEmerald Member

Forgot to say, the rom gets 10mb smaller when you patch it, it's NOT trimmed. Just the extra space after the end of the rom was removed. Also, if you find any bug, post it here, I think it's perfect but who knows... =p.

7. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

Re: Pokémon HGSS - Enhanced Script - Complete Patch!

Ethan should be rename back to Gold and Lyra (kotone) should be name Soul or Heart.

8. MasterEmerald

MasterEmerald Member

Re: Pokémon HGSS - Enhanced Script - Complete Patch!

I prefer to NOT copy paste all from G/S only the things that were CHANGED between the (J) and (U) version of HGSS.
    Post Merge: [time]1269896518[/time]
    EDIT WORKS WITH NO$GBA!!!!

9. T-Dub

T-Dub Well-Known Member

and this works on no$gba...without freezing...PERIOD?! I hate those, ya know? LOL

but yea, I give it a go!

Edit: The download link doesn't work for me, man? can do sumthin' about dat?

10. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

he jacked that link up bad, here it is http://pedro.hinchy.us/patch.zip

11. noobz7

noobz7 New Member

So what does this patch really do?? like does it fix the game or only fixes the names??

12. MasterEmerald

MasterEmerald Member