1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokémon HeartGold Help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by MLS, Dec 9, 2010.

1. MLS

MLS New Member

Hey guys, I know that I haven't posted much around here, but I'd really appreciate it if you guys could help me out on this one. Okay, so I've got a legitimate R4 (not a clone, the real thing), with a 2GB microSD. I got a patched Pokémon HeartGold from here a while ago when it came out, but it was a Japanese version mostly translated into English (The USA version hadn't been AP cracked at that point). What I'd like to do is put an English copy of HeartGold on my R4, but continue to use the same save file I have for the Japanese to English translated version I have now. Is this possible, and if so, can anyone provide a download link for a patch that I need to run for the English version of the game?

Sorry if that was confusing, and thanks a bunch in advance for your help =)

2. Devilkid32176

Devilkid32176 Well-Known Member

ok, for the save, you just rename it to match the rom name:

romname.nds
    romname.sav

as for the english version of heartgold, i thought that was fixed with the wood r4 update?
    well, i searched and found you this link:
    http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=37072.msg670697#msg670697

it has the patched versions of the game ^__^

also, use the wood r4 stuff, that way your card is updates properly

3. MLS

MLS New Member

Links are dead :/

But thanks for the reply. And yeah I didn't know whether or not there was some sort of JAP to NTSC save file conversion that had to happen, lol. Thanks man. If you wouldn't mind, could you link me to that Wood R4 thing you were talking about? I have a legit R4, and as far as I know, version 1.18 is the latest firmware for my R4, and that was released in mid 2008, lol

4. Joseg1320

Joseg1320 Well-Known Member

Here you can get the newest version of Wood R4

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=39701.0

5. MLS

MLS New Member

Thanks for the link =)

So with Wood R4 installed, I should be able to put a USA version of HeartGold on my R4 and it will load and play fine? Or do I have to apply the patch to it?
    Post Merge: [time]1291951503[/time]
    Okay so here's what I've done:

I found a clean copy of HeartGold, and I patched it using the Rudolph Child Play Patcher, which apparently works with HeartGold
    I put the Wood R4 files on my SD Card, and am loading it through a .nds file
    When I load HeartGold through the Wood R4 menu, it does not recognize my old save file from the translated game, even though the save file has the same name as the game itself
    However, when I just load it normally through my R4, it will recognize the save file just fine, and I'll be able to play it as usual.

I don't know if I'm going to end up having the game freeze since I'm not loading it through Wood R4, but we'll see. It's working for now anyways. Thanks for the help guys.

6. Devilkid32176

Devilkid32176 Well-Known Member

cause there is a setting, you have to change it in wood,
    system options > Save type "NDS.SAV" > ".SAV"