1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokémon Black and White Infrared

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by slapmeorelse, Sep 20, 2010.

1. slapmeorelse

slapmeorelse Well-Known Member

I quickly Google'd for it..

It seems useful, yes, because it cuts down time needed to communicate with other DS systems by HALF the time used up when you're playing local wireless, actually...

But my question is: is the infrared an optional feature or is it absolutely required? If the answer is the latter, then we... "pirates"... are all screwed.

Considering how convenient my brother-in-law views pirating as (and how long it's been since ANY of us has bought an actual DS game cart), I dunno if I can convince him to drive me to GameStop let alone let my buy a DS game there.

But since Pokémon is an awesome game, I might not pirate this and actually buy it... >w> ...assuming I have enough money for Golden Sun Dark Dawn, a Nintendo 3DS, and any 3DS games.

Especially the 3DS, since it's POSSIBLY releasing around the same time as this game.

2. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

Screw the infrared thing. As long as you're DS can do what its capable of, then it's fine. Well, that's what I believe anyway. Plus, Black and White Pokemon look gay anyway.

3. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

wait in B&W they use infrared to trade? seriously, infrared sucks as it need to be in-line to do it.

4. slapmeorelse

Alright, from what I've played through so far.. Flash card users, pay attention here:

So far, the Union Room, the Wi-Fi Club, and the Random Battles online and the GTS don't use Infrared. Battling or trading someone will use Infrared, I believe...

5. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

From what I see from the bottom thingy, the above post is correct, although can't you trade through the Union Room? For Battles through IR, ew, you have to be right up to the other DS to actually battle, I'm sure there's another way to battle.

In which case, the infra red thing is a great way to prevent piracy. Gj Nintendo.

6. slapmeorelse

You can't trade with Union Room? Damn..

Lol, at least (I don't think) they haven't done anything to the Wi-Fi services.. All it's gonna do for me is use up a little more battery on my DS

7. Silent Storm

Silent Storm Member

You can trade and do local battles in the Union Room, I've done it. -.-

8. usernameladiesman217

usernameladiesman217 Well-Known Member

9. slapmeorelse

With no Infrared? And this is battling with Lv 30 and under Pokémon..? ;_;

10. fireemblemfreak

fireemblemfreak Active Member

Same here, I actually battled someone with an original Black and I used Acekard and I was in the union room....dunno if all the games have it or if they do...

11. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

Infrared is not mandatory.

Don't forget that, even if nintendo curses the fact, some people still uses DS lites and phats that doesn't have it or can't be update for AP.
    Its nearly impossible for nintendo to create a definitive AP with the DSi systens.

3DS on other hand... poor people are screwed.

12. slapmeorelse

Let's not forget Nintendo put region lock on the DSi. "WHYYYYY!!!??" one of my friends said. On the other hand, I still use a Lite.

I'm going to have to give in and get an actual 3DS and actual games for it though..

13. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

The infrared isn't on the DSi, it's on the actual cart itself

14. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

You have one?!?!

15. Silent Storm

Silent Storm Member

You can do full lv 100 battles in the Union Room. No infrared or anything.

16. slapmeorelse

Who would own poor people??

So they fixed some Union Room features, hm..?