1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nebegiraffe22, Oct 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I seriously have to wait 18 days before I can download a 7GB game? Are you kidding me? Why should anybody put up with this nonsense? Are the members here masochistic or something?

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

As the saying goes...

"Patience is a virtue and rewards are meant for the Patient...

If you can't be patient then GTFO".

Seriously, do you even know how much it costs to run a site like this?

Don't answer that as I assume you have no clue as to such things.

Internet and site maintenance costs a lot of money and especially so for sites like RomU that hosts files for downloads so a point system has to be put in place to regulate how much bandwidth is used by the server. I'm not an expert with such matters so let's wait for the admins to explain things further.

3. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Azolev has explained it how it is.

To ensure that the bandwidth isn't hogged, a point system is placed to ensure that it is shared equally. You wait for the points you need, and download the game.
    However, if you don't want to wait, a Premium system is placed to allow you to download the games ASAP and to cover the costs of the site.

Just remember that you're unlikely to find a site like this that is still updated, contains a large collection of ISOs/ROMs and offers speeds such as ours for free.

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Beggars can't be choosers. If you haven't any intention to spend money, then there's a cost to pay for getting them free. Same goes with playing games as also in real life cases, nothing is given out with no strings attached unless you put in effort. Where's the fun to that if they're all served on silver platters?

There's a reason to the point system, to prevent users abusing the bandwidth allocation, thus gives equal chance for everyone to download comfortably. So it's not nonsense, there are other sites where files above certain size aren't even available unless you submit subscription fee. If you can't wait, there's always GOOGLE.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

As already mentioned, it's to keep our costs under control, and 99% of our members have no problem with it. This site cost thousands of US dollars a month to run at one point, even with the point system in place. If we didn't have the point system we'd have to close because we simply would not be able to afford the running costs. Sorry you don't like it, but tough.

6. All the responses are silly. What do I care what this site costs? That's not my problem. I don't have to wait for anything, since there are plenty of other sources that aren't as retarded as this site. It's just dumb that they make you sign up with the promise of downloading for free and then tell you "oh and btw. you have to wait like a month before you can download a single game lol"

7. Reider

Reider Modereider

If that's your reasoning then there's no real point arguing with you.

I hope you enjoy collecting your pirated material from other sources then. I'm gonna be "that guy" and just deny you everything now since you're being a prick about it.

Bye now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.