1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by bobtheworm, Jan 22, 2010.

1. bobtheworm

bobtheworm New Member

i think it would be nice if we could do something to earn points. like advertising you.
    -bobtheworm

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

If you like anime/manga,
    You can join this game.
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=21027.350

I'm giving points to the winner.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

adding screenshots earns points.

4. Chancealot

Chancealot New Member

Yeah, Adding screenshots earns points. 15 points per screenshot, however, isn't enough. I thought about it, but that isn't enough incentive for me to take a screenie, re size it, and post it to the appropriate place on your wonderful website. If files under 50Mb are free to download, then giving 50 points per approved screenie would be justified. That gives users a higher incentive to post cool game shots for your downloads, and allows affordability for people who can't pay for points.

Also, you could come up with events for users to participate in, rewarding winners with points. This would induce interest among users and guests, ultimately getting you more clientele.

5. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

How are you "giving points" !?

6. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Asking the admin to do it of course.

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

giving 50 points per screenshot would allow people to gain points too fast (remember you also get 50 a night), and people would be able to download more large files, increasing the cost of running the site, which the point system is designed to regulate. Therefore giving 50 points per screenshot would not be justified as it would make the running costs unsustainable. Most people agree that the point system the way it is works better than us having to close the site in a few months because we can't afford the running costs. Unsustainable costs was part of the reason nds-roms got closed.