1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PLZ HELP!! Ds lite w/ Acekard 2 - Boots Up Frozen - Does not show "Games" Folder

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by dz5003, Nov 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dz5003

dz5003 Active Member

Ok, this USED to work fine, but my child lost the DS charger & the DS went unplayed for nearly 3 months. Now I got a new charger, charged the DS and it's not working!?!

I don't know why I can't get it to work. I even formatted the card and reinstalled the acekard 2 software file & menu file - it still won't work.

The PROBLEM is that the GAMES folder will NOT show up & I CAN'T do ANYTHING once the Acekard pulls up - I can't access the start menu - NOTHIN!

Can ANYONE HELP!?!

Update - I have been working on this for hours. I even tried it on my other ds - it does the exact same thing.
    It will boot up.
    I select Acekard.
    Acekard boots up "frozen" - it won't show the Games folder and it won't let me DO anything - the start menu won't work, nothing responds.

Has anyone encountered this? What could be the problem? Any ideas on how to fix it?

2. sadboy

sadboy Guest

Re: HELP!! Ds lite w/ Acekard 2 - Boots Up Frozen - Does not show "Games" Folder

your acekard2i might be bricked are format whole micro and put new files

3. dz5003

dz5003 Active Member

Re: HELP!! Ds lite w/ Acekard 2 - Boots Up Frozen - Does not show "Games" Folder

I did format the micro SD. I downloaded a fresh copy of the software and put just one game in the game folder. It didn't work. When you select the Acekard it pops up with the acekard screen (like it should) but it doesn't show the game folder and it won't let you "do" anything (can't use the start bar)...

Is this what it would do if the Acekard was dead? How exactly does an Acekard die? Did WE kill it? Does this happen often? Is there a better card to get that won't do this to us?

4. metoxys

metoxys Active Member

So, to your last question: I recommend a DSTT
    I can't exactly the other questions because I unfortunately don't have an Acekard :(

meto

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I disregard this-while the dsTT ain't bad, it's not as good as the acekard...from what I experienced.

So your selecting the acekard .nds icon?

I've never had to touch that, freezing is new but it is not nessacary to select it.

The charger is not an issue unless the ds it's self isn't starting-in which case a new ds battery and or charger may be needed, but the issue I see is how your running the acekard.

But what ds type is this your trying on mostly-if it's a regular ds/dslite then get "akio"

Find 1.5 on the acekard site.

www.acekard.com

Get that, installing it is the same as how you put the current firmware in, "akmenu" in root, "_akio" along with it, just place the games and saves back in afterwards.

I'm only suggesting this because you didn't mention what firmware your on, I'm guessing you might be an older type.

6. dz5003

dz5003 Active Member

I've tried both the Acekard Version 4.18 and the older version it used to have on it AND the AKIO 1.5 - they all act the same way. ???

I turn the ds lite on & it starts.
    I select the top icon to access the acekard2 (I have the Acecard2 not the "i" version)
    Acekard starts up, but does not show the GAMES folder & will not let me DO anything (start menu will not work ect..)

At this point I'm guessing that the card is dead??? I'm really disappointed because this card does not have that much playing time on it. I can't help but question the quality and how well another one will hold up... Does this happen much with the Acekard2?

Should I get another Acekard OR something else? (I need to stay under $50)

If you suggest another card - please tell me WHY & where you recommend I purchase it & an approximate cost.

Thanks Again,
    dz5003

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.