1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PLease please help re R4i SDHC

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by abbylou, Aug 29, 2012.

1. abbylou

abbylou New Member

I purchased an R4i SDHC card for my son over 2 years ao with 100 games on it. It has worked perfectly up until this week. Now all of a sudden it is saying no game card inserted when you try and play it. He says he hasn't done anything to it. He has a DS Lite and has had the same machine since the card was purchased. I have taken the SD card out of the Ds game card and put it into the flash drive that came with it. I have saved all the files onto a different memory stick. The guy in the local computer shop recommended formatting the disk and trying again with the same files. I have done this and it still doesn't work.
    Please can someone help, my son is bereft without his games!!!

2. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

Sounds like you have a contact issue, have a read of this guide http://gbatemp.net/topic/231412-solving-acekard-contact-issues/

I know that it's for acekard but it will still apply to your flashcart if you have a contact issue.

3. abbylou

abbylou New Member

Thanks for the suggestion. I've just tried that and it still doesn't work. :-[
    I'm wondering whether he's pressed the download button on the ds and somehow wiped the software that makes the games work. The games are definitely all still there but I'm not sure what all the other files are/do.

4. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

If you are getting the no game card inserted and you haven't touched any of the files then it may still be a contact issue.

I had the same problem and i sorted it by putting some folded paper between the flashcart and the DS, not too much as to damage it.

5. Drenas789

Drenas789 Active Member

Try blowing against your R4.