1. This forum is in read-only mode.

please i need someone to teach me to you pokesav..

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by KingofKings24, Mar 22, 2010.

1. KingofKings24

KingofKings24 Well-Known Member

I really just want masterballs..please help me...i downloaded it..what do i do?
    Post Merge: [time]1269225992[/time]
    damn sorry guys..lock this..i did kno i was in wrong section

2. Jorgex2000

Jorgex2000 Member

Its very easy to use, go open the pokesav then once the pokesav is open click on Open and select your save file.
    Once you have the save file open you will be able to edit the stuff like adding experience to your pokemon or adding pokeballs,etc
    Once you are done editing the save file click save as and give it a name. Then go play the game using that save file.

3. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

It doesn't quite that way to work with pokesave/. why not :

because to use pokkesave you need to open the game in No$Gba and you must adapt
    the No$GBA.ini file to Uncompressed your savefile. (your find SAVE type almost below the page)
    If you do not do that you can use pokesave but it will not work

Then you need to start up your game in No$gba and save directly why it will change your savefile to 520/524 KB

Than you use No$GBA to VBA converter to convert your savefile and create a new one
    the new save file get the name of the old save. and then put it at the battery folder of No$GBA
    and start up pokesave now you can even add items Pokemon and key items.

After you save your save file with poke save
    go to Nos$gba.ini and change Uncopressed to Compressed (save/SNA type)
    and startup No$GBA and the pokemon game and save your game again.
    Now it will be 156 B (a normal No$GBA save type convert it with a savegame converter to the .sav you have (R4 Acekard )

http://shunyweb.info/

after that you've changed your Pokemon save.

Every Pokemon game uses a diffrent pokesave so make sure you've got the right one.

(so pokesave hh/ss is for heart gold and soul silver)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTSbsQL-ls4&annotation_id=annotation_918210&feature=iv
    here is a video of how to add Pokemon and other items to hg/ss it is a 2 part video
    and in the description you'll find every software you need to do this.
    and the second video.
    I've been using pokesave HG/SS to add some legendary Pokemon to my party like

Giratina (legendary Pokemon current level 23)
    Mewtwo (legendary Pokemon current level 20)
    Groudon (legendary Pokemon current level 20)
    Palkia ( legendary Pokemon current level 28)
    Dialga ( legendary Pokemon current level 30)
    Raikou (legendary Pokemon current level 20)
    Entei (legendary Pokemon current level 21)

PS keep in mind after you've used pokesave you can only add 1 Pokemon or add items and save the file and re compress the file again if you add 2 Pokemon or more it will not work you can do only one thing at a time

And for those who won't believe me with this I'll upload my save game so you can see it for your self

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RMF5Y5SS

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=ff96b8afd55b1c37aaca48175a79d1c3943

If there are questions ask me and I'll see what I can do for ya

4. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

W T F...
    Note to Original Poster: You do NOT have to do all of that unnecessary bullshit. The only necessary step in there was the save converter and that's ONLY if your card saves in a format other than 512 KB. Just follow the advice in the second post and you'll be fine.

And what the hell? Level 20 legendaries that are obviously not supposed to be level 20s...
    And that totally sucks balls if you could only edit one thing at a time, save it, and then repeat. You can edit as much as you want...I don't know what that bullshit was about...compressing files...wuuut?

This makes me LOL harder than people who insist on using the AR to hack legit looking hacks...or worse, export ARDS codes using Pokesav. LOL

Seriously, this entire method is simple A to B, not A to C to D to E to F to G to H and then to B.
    Don't make it any harder than it has to be.

5. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

First:
    I only made my legendary Pokemon level 0 so I can train them if i made them level 70
    there is no fun in using them in the game because I win every battle then in one move

Second:

Click the youtube link I gave in my post and watch part 1 of it

I.ve tried to do this like you said but pokesav will open a save file but to adjust the file
    it MUST be Uncompressed and re copressed aigian to edit things otherwise it will not work

Third if you do not like this way than do not respond the way I said does work and yes it is a bif difficult
    but it works!!!

SO IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ME THEN DON'T RESPOND!!!!

6. insanecrazy07

LOL ok...
    First off, why are you even mentioning No$GBA when this is strictly asking Pokesav stuff?

Jorgex's solution is the simplest and only mentions on how to use Pokesav.
    For SAV converting issues, the shunyweb save converter that you provided does all of the necessary converting for it to be compatible with Pokesav. You just select whatever source you have, click the Acekard 2 | CycloDS etc. etc. etc. etc. one and then you're able to mess around on Pokesav until you are satisfied with it. Nowhere is there a restriction that says you can only edit one thing at a time. You can edit whatever the hell you want, Pokemon in Party, in Boxes, Items, IVs, EVs, Mystery Gifts, Fossil Pokemon, Roaming Pokemon, the list goes on.

When you're done doing whatever you're doing, go back on the shunyweb converter, reconvert it back to the original source format (whatever it was) and fire up the game.
    For most people, the 512 KB .SAV file that Pokesav uses is the same file that they already have from their flashcart so there is no point in converting. Most people just stick the damn microSD into their computer and load up Pokesav and start editing right away.

The fact is, you gave a more complex answer than what was asked and the added complexity is also unnecessary. If you want to talk about No$GBA "SAV fixing" issues, then go to that respective section in the forum and post all of that there. Regardless on whether the original poster uses No$GBA or a flashcart, or magically emulates the game with his mind, this is strictly a Pokesav issue. The shunyweb converter is relevant because not all SAV formats are readable by Pokesav, and the converter covers all of the bases, flashcarts and No$GBA alike.

7. Jorgex2000

Jorgex2000 Member

That is way too long...
    In case that you are using NO$GBA just convert the file from no$gba.sav to Acekard | EZFlash V | Raw Format.sav
    Once you got that done open using pokesav, once you are done editing covert it back to no$gba rename the .sav file just as the rom is put it in the battery folder and start playing!

8. insanecrazy07

EXACTLY! I've been pointing this out since post freaking one! The Acekard 2 | CycloDS etc. etc. etc. one also works. Pokesav will read just about any SAV file that is 512 KB.

9. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

Okay insanecrazy07 and Jorgex2000 you're both right

Pokesave can open my 512KB ave file and I can adjust them right away.

The way I described was from the youtube video that I found on the internet
    and that one takes a lot of work because the user uses No$GBA.

To use pokesave if you are playing the game on No$GBA you need to change and
    convert the files to be recognized by No$GBA.

Thank you guys for clearing that for me but in the future don't say that what someone writes is BS
    or does not work because the way I first described does work it is only a way for advanced people.

10. Jorgex2000

Jorgex2000 Member

I said its too long not that it doesn't work.

11. insanecrazy07

I called it bullshit because it doesn't provide any additional benefit from the normal way of doing things, not because it didn't work. Obviously it works, but it is still unnecessary.

Just like:
    2 + 2 - 2 + 2 - 2 = 2
    2 + 2 - 2 + 2 - 2 = 2
    2 = 2

It works, but it is unnecessary.