1. This forum is in read-only mode.

please help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by bankaiichigo987, May 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bankaiichigo987

bankaiichigo987 Well-Known Member

can someone help me, i just moved all my files from my 4gb to my 8gb for my r4. Now the mooshell wont load, and some of the games dont have pictures (not homebrew ones), the moonshell is loading extremely slow, and after a 30 min, its still loading

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Backup your files, format your 8GB, and reload fresh firmware files. Then reload your backup games and saves.

3. bankaiichigo987

now it load and loads faster but it freezes and says
    can not found moonshl folder.
    on the top scrren, on the bootom it says the average moonshell error what do i do now

4. TirithRR

Make sure you have the moonshl files properly loaded onto your card.

5. bankaiichigo987

what is the proper way ??

6. TirithRR

I'm not sure, what version of the R4 do you have? (Can't be an original, since you are using a 4GB and 8GB SD card).

7. bankaiichigo987

im using one of the clones i had this car for about 9 months and nothing like this happened before i moved all the files its the r4 sdhc revolution their site is www.r4sdhc.com
    please help sombody

8. TirithRR

Does it work correctly when you do everything the same and use the old 4GB card?

9. bankaiichigo987

well it would take too long but 4gb was faster

it says
    find path...
    find.
    can not found moonshl folder

but i put the folder on the root and the nds too

10. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Redownload Moonshell, delete the old files, and extract the Moonshell archive. The binary .nds file with the moonshell folder should be placed straight on root.

11. bankaiichigo987

Umm yeah Anandjones it didn't work i put the moonshell files straight on the root and when i turn it on it says "can not found moonshell folder" . Is there a specific name for the files or any other way to do this? Some of the files I put on my ds ipod clone don't appear either.

12. anandjones

The MOONSHL folder and Moonshell.nds should be in the root (first directory) of your MicroSD.

13. bankaiichigo987

I did exactly what you said and it didn't work, i put _DS_MSHL.nds on the root and the folder too and the same problem keeps happening.

14. anandjones

Which method are you using to load Moonshell? The media button on the firmware, or manually loading within the game menu?

15. mangekyo

mangekyo Active Member

I think it's because you are using microSD 8Gb.If i'm not mistaken R4 SDHC only support until 4Gb.It's predecessor is R4 which supports until 2Gb.So, try using your microSD 4Gb back.

16. TirithRR

I wouldn't think that would cause the problem. Both the 4GB and 8GB cards are SDHC cards.

I know that some cards have issues listing a bunch of games in a single directory, but I thought an SDHC compatible cart would accept both 4GB and 8GB cards.

17. mangekyo

mangekyo Active Member

Well,that's i don't know. But, your problem is just like mine. Only that you are using R4 SDHC while i'm using original R4. Although R4 team said their cart can support any speed, when i tried to use microSD 4Gb on my original R4 the game seemed to freeze while others cannot load at all. So, i change it to microSD 2GB and the problem is solved.

18. anandjones

Actually until 4GB, unfortunately 4GB Non-SDHC MicroSDs are impossible to find these days. And it would TirithRR.

19. bankaiichigo987

The method i'm using to load moonshell is the media button and my r4 supports sdhc up to 32gb

20. anandjones

Try loading it via the regular .nds file, in the Game menu.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.