1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Please Help Wood v1.10 has White Top Screen with Red Menu? When loaded

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ltcook, Jul 10, 2010.

1. ltcook

ltcook Active Member

Hi
    I have found the firmware wood v1.10 and set it up as per instructions from youtube and the internet but I am getting a white screen with the red menu? across the top screen. I got my card from r4card.com.au so I know its real.
    If someone can help me as i dont know where ive gone wrong. And its doing my head in.
    Thankyou in advance

2. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

You won't know if it's truly real. Get one from Shoptemp. Those are 100% real.

3. ltcook

ltcook Active Member

I got them from there because they state that they are 100% real or money back. The r4 firmware works great but I was wanting to play Toystory 3 and be able to pick things up in the game. I was told it worked with the wood v1.10.
    Also the Card I Have Says R4 SDHC Upgrade Revolution for ds. Would the problem be because it is SDHC upgrade.
    Im new to this new Wood software.

4. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

If it is an SDHC card it isn't an original R4 thus not supported by Wood R4. The R4 name has been taken and applied to a load of other cards, most of them have little to no hardware in common with the actual R4.

If it supports SDHC then it isn't an R4. A shame that they advertise the clone cards in such a way, as otherwise I'm a big fan of that company (ordered several AK2is from them).

What you have is a 100% real R4 SDHC Upgrade Revolution....

5. kevph1

kevph1 Active Member

what file extensions do you have on the root of your card? if you have one that says .zip then that's your problem - you need to unzip that file before putting it on your card - use a program like winrar to unzip it
    Hope this helps

6. KevInChester

No the problem is he isn't actually using a genuine original R4... all R4s are non SDHC.

7. ltcook

ltcook Active Member

Is there somewhere to by the real r4 card and not the sdhc r4 in australia as my son really wants to play toystory 3 and be able to pick up objects.And was told that r4 wood would get it working.
    thanks

8. KevInChester

Not sure to be honest, though if you see somewhere selling an M3 Simply (no other version) then that will work with Wood R4.

AKAIO 1.7.1 may be out soonish, so perhaps an Acekard would be a good idea for the budget end of the market.

9. ltcook

ltcook Active Member

With the M3 Is there clones out there for them? If so where can i get one from that is real?

10. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

There's one shop I know of that sell R4s that are guaranteed to run Wood R4. ShopTemp have free worldwide shipping and they are very cheap.

11. innergamemaster

innergamemaster Well-Known Member

ShopTemp is where you want to go for a real R4
    it's only $6-$7 USD

12. ltcook

ltcook Active Member

Please Help Wood v1.12 has White Loading Screen when turned on.

Hi
    I have just bought a r4card revolution for my ds lite from shoptemp where i was told to buy it from on this forum. I Have now tried loading 2 different softwares on it. The r4 software from the website from the box r4ds.com.and the lastest wood software from the website filetrip.where shoptemp tells you to go.
    Neither are working. I have been trying all day and still have the loading screen. Could it be the r4 card or the sd card? Both are from shoptemp.
    Please could someone help me with this as i was going to contact shoptemp but i thought i might see if someone could help me first.
    Thanks Heaps

13. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

based on what you've previously said...you got an original R4 when you previously had an SDHC...well..the original R4 only supports micro SD cards up-to 2GB's..that may be you issue :p

14. ltcook

ltcook Active Member

Is there a way to be able to use a 4gb. as that is what i bought with the card. Also is there any other cards that support the wood software and a sd bigger card? I finally got the wood to work on a 2gb card but cant fit as many games on it for my son. At least he can now play Toystory3.:)
    Thankyou for helping.

15. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

doesn't look like it...the other one was the M3 simply, and it only support the FAT file system, which means 2GB or less.

16. ltcook

ltcook Active Member

Bugger. If only I knew this before I bought 3 of them,. I have two 4 gb cards and nothing to do with them. So the R4 sdhc cards at shoptem dont support the wood software? That really means you have to have 2 micro sd cards to fit what you do on the 4gb and keep changing them. hoping not to loose any. That sucks.

17. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

well...wood R4 is the best thing for an original R4 ONLY...if you really wanna get to use the 4GB card, i recommend a new flashcart...one of the following.

http://www.ishopvideogame.com/supercard-dstwo-for-dsi-xl-dsi-p-1868.html
    http://www.ishopvideogame.com/acekard-2i-p-1509.html

i got a fake Acekard 2i from shoptemp before, and they wouldn't replace it, that's the reason i use only the above site :p

18. ltcook

ltcook Active Member

I was told on another forum that shoptemp only sold real cards and that they could be trusted.. That sucks. I think that saying comes into account here.Never beleive what you read.lol

19. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Shoptemp is fine. They can't help when a fake or a bad Acekard makes it into the batch, as they don't produce the carts. Chances are you just got a bum cart, but without proof, they can't do anything about it.

For all they know, you were trying to swindle them out of another cart. You have to handle situations such as that delicately for maximum results.

Everybody has negative experiences with stores, it's just a matter of seeing how much is positive. If it's one bad review against 20 good reviews, than the one bad experience probably isn't as prominent as it would be otherwise.

Fun facts about the Original R4:

It's the ONLY R4 that can run the latest versions of Wood R4.
    It only supports 2gb or lower MicroSD cards. No SDHC.
    The Wood R4 puts the compatibility on par with some of the best carts (minus the SCDS2).