1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PLEASE HELP.....r4i sdhc v1.4.1 red box

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by melfletch, Dec 26, 2010.

1. melfletch

melfletch Active Member

please can anyone help me.... i was told to buy a r4i for a dsi xl which my hubby has bought me for xmas......
    i have downloaded the firmware from the r4i website ad everytime i put my card in it says.... "no card".. i have downloaded everything i can think ov... i fixed up a r4 a few weeks ago wich was the blue one and that work on the dsi xl... i just don't undersatnd... please help me get rid ov my headache.....

2. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

I'm going to assume the DSi XL has fully up to date firmware. This means it has most DSi flash carts completely locked out except for the handful with good enough teams to create a 1.4.1 update. R4i is also one of the worst kinds of carts you could have aimed towards. There is no official R4 DSi cart, which means every R4i cart is a clone.

With R4i's, you run the risk of not getting what you paid for. R4i SDHC v1.4.1 could easily just be a fraud. These happen. If it isn't being read at all by the DSi, you can try a couple of things:

- Try other games and such and make sure the DSi game slot is reading correctly.
    - Blow on the contacts of the R4i cart, get no spit on it if you can avoid it, and blow into the game slot taking extra care to make sure it is a dry breath. This may be an issue of dirty contacts, but unlikely if the cart is new.
    - Last but not least, but a thin piece of paper in between the cart and the slot to force the contacts at the bottom to connect better. Make 100% you can get this paper back out. Make it a little too long if you need to and don't make it too thick.

If absolutely none of this works to get the cart detected, then you will want a new one. Sadly, you did get one of the worse clones out there. If you can't get it working, then there can be suggestions on a new cart to get. If you can get it working and are happy though, that's more important than spending unnecessary cash.

3. melfletch

melfletch Active Member

thanks for the advise, but have now decided to take the r4 back to the person i bought it from, with hope that they will change it for the blue card as i had one of those working last week....
    i bought professor layton today and that works perfectly...
    once again thanks alot