1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PLEASE HELP - R4i Advance wont work

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by zoran.hajdukov, Dec 26, 2010.

1. zoran.hajdukov

zoran.hajdukov New Member

My little son (the owner of the Nintendo DSi) during my stay at work, something started on Nintendo (I think it started formatting the system memory, or update the system), which resulted in the inability to start games with R4i Advance model card, which had previously worked without any problems. Message which shows Nintendo is: "An error occurred. Press and hold POWER to turn the system off, then follow the instructions in the system's Operations Manual". After this I tried to run the upgrade system and format the system memory, but nothing happened. Nintendo shows that it is a system marked Ver. 1.4.1.; I tried I tried the other two R4 card but it appears to me the same message.
    Please anyone who met the same problem to help me in solving this problem so I re-enabled my son to enjoy the games on Nintendo. Thank you in advance ...

2. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Your cart doesn't work on DSi firmware 1.4.1. In short, your R4i's are blocked, and there are not carts that were given the needed 1.4.1 update to keep operating on DSi systems more than likely. The first step is looking on the site for a 1.4.1 update. If there is nothing like that on the carts site, then it will not work on the DSi anymore.

If prospecting a new flash cart, I suggest:

- Supercard DSTwo

or

- Acekard 2i w/ AKAIO firmware

The Supercard DSTwo comes with things such as a GBA emulator and a better SNES emulator, but if you don't care about all the little extras, then go with the Acekard2i.

Sites to buy from:
    www.lightake.com
    www.realhotstuff.com
    www.realhotstuff.hk

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

note that if there is a 1.4.1 upgrade for your flashcart, you will still need a non-1.4.1 DSi or a normal DS to apply the upgrade to your flashcart.