1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Please help me with my really weird R4.

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by shadowskilled, May 2, 2010.

1. shadowskilled

shadowskilled New Member

Can anyone help me?

I picked up a new R4 SDHC, DS Happy box for my NDSL. The cart itself is RED, with a black sticker. I've checked my usual sites for firmware, but its just not happening.

The website on the cart is

www.r4isdhc.com

The firmware took 5 hours to download and in the end didnt bloody work.

When firmware is uploaded it just comes up with 'LOADING' Does anyone know where i can find the right firmware?

Please help!

2. lil_azn_a55a5in

lil_azn_a55a5in Well-Known Member

You brought a fake r4...fake r4s dont get good firmware support. If you decide to buy a new r4 i suggest u buy it from here http://www.ozmodchips.com/its genuine and well supported :D

3. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

Only buy from there if you live in Australia. There's no point in buying from Ozmodchips if you live in the US for example, there's better and cheaper places.

As for buying R4's from Ozmodchips. Ozmodchips haven't sold legit R4DS' for nearly over a year (I was one of the last people to ever pruchase it from there). Ozmodchips only sell one R4 cart, which is R4DS SDHC...which is a clone.

4. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

If you buy another cart, I suggest shoptemp.com for an Acekard 2i.

I assume the below is what you have;

[​IMG]

If so, try this. If that doesn't work, it means you don't have V2.0 card and can either follow the instructions provided, or get a new card, as it seems they no longer support the earlier version of the cart.

5. shadowskilled

shadowskilled New Member

Thanks for taking the time to respond, i really appreciate it. Im not a total newb to flash carts and firmware, so im putting this one down to a dodgy cart. Youve got it in one 'Luckytrouble' but ive already tried that firmware.

I will take your advice and get another make. Acekard here i come.

skilled

6. Xynche

Xynche Well-Known Member

http://www.r4isdhc.com/r4isdhcnotice01.html

Go to the bottom of the page and they are listed...

I have one of those cards... It's not good at all...

7. lil_azn_a55a5in

lil_azn_a55a5in Well-Known Member

ozmodchips do sell real r4s scroll down on their main page and u will see it. they are starting to sell genuine ones again..

8. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

I found that at Ozmodchips. Considering an original R4 is only about $7 at shoptemp.com, I don't honestly see why anybody would spend that much on something that can't hold a MicroSD over 2gb. FYI, I got my R4 for $4 back in October.

9. concretefingers

concretefingers New Member

I have one of these cards. it works ok for me. the point is you need the 1.17 firmware for this card.
    the "wood for r4 clones" works on it too. I purchased mine from memory card zoo. where they have a link to the firmware.