1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Please help me on fixing R4's Wi-Fi!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Darukani, Feb 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darukani

Darukani New Member

Hello! :D

As all the R4 users out there, some of us can't go Wi-Fi with our DS'. I'll briefly explain the issue:

- I search for an access point
    - The R4/ROM spots it
    - The DS establishes a connection
    - The Wi-Fi connection crashes, although the connection was settled and connected, error code 51300

Some people say that the Wi-Fi Connection actually works on ROMs such as Mario Kart DS or Pokémon Pearl;
    too bad im not one of those...

Please help me to fix it
    Any suggestions? Fixes? How-To's?

2. Mozzzzii

Mozzzzii Well-Known Member

i take it your trying to connect to your own access point?

As your DS has found your access point (Are you sure its yours?) you must have your access point set up as WEP or OPEN?

If it is WEP, Have you entered the WEP pass key correctly?

If your access point is completely OPEN then it should connect with no trouble at all ... but then so can all the neighbours.

3. Darukani

Darukani New Member

@Winterreise: How do I get to my Modem's settings?
    @Mozzzzii: Yes, I've made sure that it is my modem.

Thanks a lot for answering!

4. Mozzzzii

Mozzzzii Well-Known Member

If you don't know the ip of the router you can try clicking start-->run-->then type cmd and click "OK". In the command prompt type: ipconfig and press "Enter" on the keyboard. If there's a "gateway address" that will be the the number to type after http:// in your browser.

this should give you access to your router although it will want the user/password which is different for all, may need to search google for your routers user/passwords. but many are set at USER: admin / Password: admin as default

hope this helps

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.