1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Please help me find right kernel..

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by soxenme, Feb 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soxenme

soxenme New Member

I'm trying to get the right kernel for a "R4I-GOLD Upgrade Revolution for DS (NDSi/NDSL/NDS)" card. I have tried the website on the box (Http://WWW.R4I-GOLD.COM) but some times the games freeze while loading and other times they dont show up at all. I got a 'question mark menu' a couple of times ...my searches have indicated that I might have the wrong kernel. First though, would you please verify that I did the procedure correctly........The website says to:

Upload game kernel: Copy the R4.DAT file to your TF card.
    Upload video kernel: Copy the Moonshl2 to your TF card.
    Upload DIY Interface function: Copy the R4iMenu to your TF card.

I formatted my Micro SD and placed those files in the root directory. That was all that was on the card until I made another folder in the root directory which I placed my games in. I assume that is all that I have to do correct???

Just a side note - I have tried two different MicroSD cards (2 gb & 4 gb) - I also bought two of the R4I cards so I switched those and it does not matter which one I use - so I think I have eliminated the possibility of hardware issues.

Thank you in advance for any help sorting this out.

ADD INFO:
    Ok I just reformatted - did chkdsk - redownloaded files & loaded everything up...the games appear but the screen freezes when it is trying to "Create save file"......i let it sit for over 5 min for a very small file......no go.

again thanks for any help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.