1. This forum is in read-only mode.

please help me...emulators ps2!!!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by bruce kally, Oct 25, 2012.

1. bruce kally

bruce kally Member

Hi everybody!
    I downloaded emulators SNES, GBC
    I have freemcboot on my ps2. i open ulanchelf.
    For SNES emulator, i opened "packed_snes9xPAL.elf"... it appear mario screen. But i don'nt know why can't open folder USB, it freeze immediatly if i hit on the folder.
    For GBC emulator, i opened "InfoGB-IRX.elf"....it only black screen and freeze!
    Why? i can't understand this, i have try download other emulators, but no hope!
    please help me, thanks for you!
    *I posted this on other forum, but no answer yet!

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

I though I told you yesterday that running emulator on PS2 is terrible because emulating other program on the console require it to have good RAM allocation, etc. told you that already yesterday. I don't understand which part of my words you not understand. Just get emulator for PC for those games you want to play; GBA, GBC, GB, SNES, NES, SMS, GC, GG, NDS, etc. from the emulator link I gave you yesterday.

Of cause no one want to answer you on other forum site because they expect you to realize that PS2 console can only play PS2 games. To even run PSx games, it needs to be modded. If your PS2 isn't a modded type it can't even play PSX games, let alone emulate other console's emulator program. You won't get any better answer about this for PS2....go for the PC's emulator version, like it or not, you're stuck with that option.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

actually unmodded PS2s can play original PSX games.

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Maybe because I didn't have original PSX CD, from where I'm from, all PSX and PS2 CD are copies, so had to use an external chip for PSX to run. In any case, emulating other console's program on PS2 still sucks due to limited PS2 on-board spec. Better on laptop/computer.

5. bruce kally

bruce kally Member

thanks, i understand you. I can play Psx game on my ps2.
    I only find know to play GBC, i see some one can do that.
    And i have'nt own a PC, you know!

6. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

If you play PS1 Games on PS2 , Just to note you will need also a PS1 memcard for PS1 games.

And yes i have played PS1 Games on PS2 to know it works ;)

7. bruce kally

bruce kally Member

i played ps1 game with PS2PSXe, no memory needed :p