1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Please help me decide...

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by conder, Oct 13, 2010.

1. conder

conder Active Member

Hey guys

I didn't really want to create a new thread but i've been putting off my purchasing for a few days now as I can't decide what to do.

I have an Acekard 2i and am obviously really happy with it. I'm now looking to get nostalgic and play some GBA games.

So I think my options are either... buy an EZ 3-in-1.... or a Supercard DSTWO.

I'm leaning towards just getting an EZ Flash as it's cheaper and I don't really need a new Slot-1 card as my Acekard 2i is great.

Anyone got an opinion on this?

It's just i'm hearing a lot of good things about the Supercard DSTWO.

Looking to buy either of them from shoptemp.

cheers guys

2. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

i have an acekard aswell, and even though its good, it hasnt been updated for a while now, and we dont know when the next akaio will be out. so if you thinking in this aswell, get the supercard. for playing gba games, its better the ezflash, since it doesnt emulate the gba games, but backplays them.

3. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

This.

I have a DSi XL though, so I went with the SCDSTwo.

4. conder

conder Active Member

Thanks for the advice guys....

What's the difference between 'emulating' the GBA games and 'Back playing' them?

5. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Back playing is using hardware and emulation uses software.

6. conder

conder Active Member

So back playing is better right?

Now i'm leaning towards the Supercard DSTWO :) lol

I guess this way I can give my Acekard to my little sister :D

I was looking at Real Hot Stuff and they don't even have the Supercard DSTWO for sale on there :S

Is ShopTemp the best place to get one?

Sorry for being annoying with all the questions lol ^_^

7. alukado

alukado Well-Known Member

Yep shoptemp is reliable .

8. Jakeysaurus

Jakeysaurus Well-Known Member

Ya. I, personally, paid the extra $21 for faster shipping. Mainly because I thought that if you have a flashcart it'd be cheaper than buying your own games and such all the time. I mean, my total with the 4 gb Kingston bundle was $68 or $69. That isn't too bad compared to the amount of games you can get. :)

-- I bought the Supercard DSTWO. (Still waiting for it to arrive.)

9. iluvfupaburgers

supercard dstwo emulates gba games. the ez flash 3 in 1 back plays gba games. just so you dont get confused. and i dont recommend peying the extra for shipping, ive heard its a waste of money since it takes roughly the same. I didnt pay for shiping when i ordered my acekard from shoptemp, and i got it in around 5-6 labor days

10. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

That's still playing the games. :p

EZ Flash 3-in-1 uses hardware and SCDSTwo uses software emulation of that same hardware like I said above.

Yes, backplaying is better. Especially in compatibility.
    RealHotStuff has the SCDSTwo on there. :p
    http://realhotstuff.com/-c-125_139.html

11. iluvfupaburgers

oh, i know that, but i thought i had to clear it up to him since it seemed he got it confused as how he said:

12. manaseater

manaseater Well-Known Member

Re: Lagging NDS

Just to be more clear- the ezf3in1 is better because its like using a real gba cartridge. No lag crashes slow downs or glitches. Its just like the real thing!

The scdstwo only emulates the gba, which means it tries to copy the gba using software. This tends to have problems like slow downs and glitches.

13. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Now he gets it after the fourth explanation. LOL

14. iluvfupaburgers

he better :p