1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Please help a numpty!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Pinkella16, Aug 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pinkella16

Pinkella16 Member

Just bought my 6 year old a ds and got an acekard 2 to load some games on to, i have downloaded a game and the winrar (not sure if i was supposed to) anyway the game is on the card but nothing happens when i put it in the ds. Can anyone explain what i have missed out, done wrong, in plain english please as i dont understand alot of the computer speak. Please excuse me i feel a real thicky!! Thanks

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Start with this thread here, it will guide you through the process of extracting files:
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=3880.0

After that, we need a little more info, like what does the game do when you try to run it.

3. Pinkella16

Pinkella16 Member

Hi
    The ds says loading for ages and ages and nothing else.

4. TirithRR

Make sure you have the latest firmware on your MicroSD card.

Go to www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds to download the firmware for your Acekard2

5. Pinkella16

Pinkella16 Member

I have downloaded the latest firmware for acekard and its saved it in the winrar file is that right? Will that make a difference?

6. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

You must extract the contents of the winrar file onto the flash cart, this can be done via drag and drop.

7. Pinkella16

Pinkella16 Member

K now i am being really thick what is flash cart and the other thing you said lol I am totally new to this sort of thing!

8. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Flash cart is the unit (Acekard 2) you put the Micro SD memory card into, the file you download need to be extracted by WinRAR where you will have a [Game Name] .nds file and you "drag" that file to your SD card and "drop" it in there.

Your latest firmware will also need to be extracted and added to your SD memory card as well.

9. Pinkella16

Pinkella16 Member

i think i got it do i need something called moonshell?
    Thanks for all your help - not out of the woods yet though :D
    Post Merge: [time]1251558651[/time]
    SUCCESS - IT WORKS - thanks for everyones help!

10. pugmalion1

pugmalion1 Well-Known Member

Nice! To answer your first question, you only really need the moonshell.exe file if you plan on watching movies or playing mp3 music files on your DS. If not, you can actually rename one of your game files "moonshell.exe" and any time you click to start your moonshell media player in your AceKard's menu, it will start the game instead.

I think that's a neat little shortcut, if you plan on playing one particular game a whole lot (like a really time intensive RPG, for example).

11. bearflash

bearflash New Member

I am new to this, I just purchased the T-Flash and the DSTT to download the games. Came to your site and started the process. After my first download I decided to check to see if AI was doing it correct. I put the SD chip in the game and all I get is a red menu indication. What have I done wrong?

12. TirithRR

Sounds like you haven't loaded the firmware files onto your SD card.

go to www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds and download the latest firmware files for your DSTT/TTDS. I believe it is currently 1.17

13. bearflash

bearflash New Member

It is still not working, it starts to load and then it comes up with the red menu again. I guess there is no hope.

14. TirithRR

You didn't load the files right.

The files and folders need to be in the root of your card (not in any folder). You likely have them in a folder called ENG or English or something similar.

There should be:

TTMenu (a folder)
    TTMENU.DAT
    TTMENU.SYS

15. bearflash

bearflash New Member

OK, I can get the TTMenu (a folder) and I can get TTMENU.DAT but it will not create the TTMENU.SYS
    I must really be the stupidest person around.

16. TirithRR

It's not created... it comes with the firmware files you download.

www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.