1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Please help a crazy guy out here

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by A-Team, Mar 5, 2010.

1. A-Team

A-Team Well-Known Member

I think my sd card has become corrupted somehow, or the card reader has but anyway what does this mean:

ok, cant print screen :( Everything is going from bad to worse.

But I've got folders and files on my sd card which amount to 10's of gigabytes even though my card is a 2gb. And the names of the folders are dé│&Ú_.d-T, è{Ý╔mme0.¾vê, hªàû═¨■.║Õ. And they are just a few of them. Plus all the folders are empty.

What is corrupt? And my games dont load on my XL and wifi doesn't work. Anyone know how to make wifi work?

Thank you, this is really frustrating :(

I reformatted the card and now all those folders are gone but the games still dont work even thogut I downoaded the latest firmware

2. Mozzzzii

Mozzzzii Well-Known Member

I had a Dodgy USB reader do the same thing to me....

try using a different one...

also when formatting use Panasonic SD Formatter, its better at it than windows...
    http://www.4shared.com/file/221775557/63623bc8/Panasonic_SD_Format_SET_UP.html
    (Usuall warning: this will obviously wipe everything so make sure you get anything you really need keeping off the card beforehand)

By the way what card is it you have, and have you had it working on your DSi XL before?

3. A-Team

A-Team Well-Known Member

on my r4i card it says chrismas version at the top, and it is a V1.4 upgrade. It says that it is compatible with the dsi xl but the games just dont work.

I dont want to buy another flashcart because I doubt that'll work either but I might have to if this doesn't work in the next couple of days

4. slingshot182

slingshot182 Well-Known Member

If you're forced to buy another flashcart then you should get an Acekard 2i, its the best one on the market.(Be sure not to get it confused with the Acekard2.1, because that isn't DSi/DSiXl compatible)

5. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

I would get the AK2i if I were you. If you'd rather spend your heart out, go ahead and buy a SuperCardDSONEi or an iEDGE.

6. slingshot182

Or if you feel like waiting the you could get a SuperCardDSTWO.

7. A-Team

A-Team Well-Known Member

I might have to, but in the meantime can sometime give me a link for the LATEST r4i update please

8. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

True. Anyways, on topic.

Your flashcart is DSi 1.4 compatible, no?
    If it isn't, NEW FLASHCART TIME.
    It wont play unless you have a flashcart that works with the original DSi 1.4 firmware.

9. A-Team

A-Team Well-Known Member

it says it is compatible with the dsi ll. I've downloaded about 11 games from here and want to play them.Someone told me I'd have to chip my xl is that true?

10. slingshot182

11. A-Team

A-Team Well-Known Member

YEEESSS!!!! Thank you everyone for all your help, I finally got it working. I downloaded the r4i christmas version update and so far 1 game is loading time to put all the games on the card. THANK YOU, you dont know how happy I am ;D ;D

12. slingshot182

Glad we could help, let me know if you have any more problems.