1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Please clarify something

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Snowflake10000, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Romulation has taken all the DS ROMS off the site.

But, are they still legally able to post links on the forum in forum topics to the roms hosted on megaupload.com etc.

Like, can romulation get in trouble for using megaupload.com to host some roms, or does megaupload.com get in trouble for not deleting them??

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

RomUlation does not upload any ROMs at all. If that happens then it's a member who does it, not us.

3. yes i understand that. But.

Say someone was to launch a roms website, and they uploaded all there files to hotfile for example.

Would the rom site get in trouble, or would hotfile get in trouble for hosting it.

4. EntropicKitty

EntropicKitty Well-Known Member

The uploader would get in trouble I'd imagine... and hotfile (etc) would if they knew there were illegal files and did nothing about it.

5. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

I'd imagine the uploader and the uploading website gets in trouble.

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I had a rom on 4Shared. I didn't get in trouble after they removed it, just a warning. But they could have easily have sued me if the ESA had sued 4Shared. :p

7. yea.

How about if someone was to make a ROM SITE, and used someone elses free file sharing download links. Could you get in trouble, or the person from the other site?

8. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

You'll get in trouble if you upload the links.

9. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

You will fall into the ESA fray if you try to create a ROM site regardless what is uploaded and how esp if you plan on hosting such. We get by with it here as most of the user uploads are from Megaupload and we link it up here MU gets in trouble they remove them pretty much without a word said (not saying it won't happen though)

10. doughboy

doughboy Guest

somebody lock this.......i have learned my lesson....ive done this twice and it goes nowhere...........look here in the forums under nintendo/nds if you want roms...........