1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Please Can Someone Help Fix This!!

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Starr84, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Starr84

Starr84 Member

I have managed to update my TTDS card so that it plays the newer games, and my daughters R4Iblue card.

However i just cant fix my sons R4 card, its just the original one.

Its got a 2gb card in it, and the files on it are:

_system_
    moonshl
    ds_menu.dat
    ds_moonshl.dat

kernal version 1.18

it wont play the new games, it gives a blank screen or error 4.

please can anyone help me again?

lynne x

I am a complete technophobe so i would need really good instructions on how to do it!
    Thanks peoplexx

2. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

The R4 team stopped working years ago. therefore version 1.18 was the last official firmware update.
    You'll need to get a custom firmware eg. WoodR4 to play new games.

3. Starr84

Starr84 Member

How do i do that?
    And what is the best card to buy nowadays? my sons had this R4 for years now i think i might need to get a new one now?

x

4. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

Also starr84 are you running YSMenu on your DSTT since the latest official was just a straight rip of retros fixes.
    The best flashcart is SuperCardDS2 or Acekard2, they are both good for run new games and they can play movies and the SCDS2 can emulate.

To install wood i think it just drag and drop but not sure.

5. Starr84

Starr84 Member

I dont know what it means to emulate!

But i used to watch movies on my TTDS before, but i dont know where to get the movies from now.

6. slingshot182

slingshot182 Well-Known Member

TO install the WoodR4 firmware, just drag and drop the firmware files, as Honest said.

If you are looking to buy a new card for your son, the best choices would be either and AceKard2i(AK2i) or a SupercardDS2(SCDS2). Both cards have active teams and excellent game support. The only difference between the two is that the SCDS2 has the ability to play(emulate) GBA roms. However, if your son doesn't care for GBA roms or if he already has a GBA card. I would recommend that you save yourself some money and buy the AK2i.
    Post Merge: [time]1297013422[/time]
    EDIT: If you mean you dont know where to get the DS movie FILES. You can either download the .AVI and convert it yourself or pay a visit to this thread.