1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Playstation (PSone) mod chip question

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by MadmanNero, Apr 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

OK I am having some issues (mostly mental) I have an older model playstation (big grey one) that uses a "mod pod" in the serial I/O and a friend of mine has a chipped PSone (you know the slim version)...ok with that aside, my friend has a pretty good collection of burnt PSX games and they all work on his chipped system, but on mine I maybe can get 2 or 3 to work so I am thinking its because his is chipped and mine isn't ok? so no big deal.

I now also have a PSone that I got in a trade and I am wondering what would be the best chip to get for it and how difficult is it to install? (and yes I already asked what chip he as and he has no clue because he bought his modded)

ok..*takes a deep breath and calms down*...there now thats all out, hopefully someone can help me out with some info so thanks in advance for the read and any help.

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Perhaps Breaker Pro?

3. Sacker

Sacker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    First determine which model you have by SCPH-XXXX, where XXXX is the model #

Non modded way.. boot disc : Breaker Pro though it doesnt work on everything.

Mod chips are the way to go, if you want to play anything.

I use modchip 8-wire PSX Stealth IV Modchip, the common norm is 7 , 6, 5, 4 wire depending on your model # and your needs.

soldering it yourself to make costs go down, and its fairly easy, most sites you buy it from, will show you the installation process, diagrams/tutorials etc.

This is an old faq but maintains good info's on a starting point to understanding the evolutions of the mod chip era...http://modchip.aeug.org/faq.html im surprised it's still around.. after a decade.

oh yea almost forgot this lil gem ... http://www.megagames.com/psx/psx_patches.shtml not needed in new mods, but handy for older type mod chips.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.