1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Playstation it only does everything?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tonyc21, Feb 28, 2010.

1. tonyc21

tonyc21 Member

I almost laugh when I see that commercial. It only does everything EXCEPT play ps2 games. Not that it's a bad system, I just wish that they had updates to let you play older games like the xbox 360 does. Oh well, I guess I can just buy a ps2 or a more powerful computer to run ps2 emulators.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

The 60gb and some 80gb's in nstc regions play them.

It's because it's not designed to run them...and imagine downloading ps2 games online...too big for me.

But they should make updates to allow ps2 play (just download emulation software-sheesh!)

My 80gb (PAL) doesn't do ps2, though I got a modded ps2 anyway.

3. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

The reason for no PS2 support is that it was costing Sony way too much to create each PS3 console. So they had to remove more of the uneeded hardware to lower production costs. When you consider that the PS2 is still selling for under $100, it's not like we're missing out on much.

As for emulation support like the PS1, anything is possible. I personally don't think it's needed, as most games wouldn't be supported anyway (That's what you deal with when it comes to emulation).

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I'd pay for an IMPROVED version of the emulation capabilities :)

5. tonyc21

tonyc21 Member

I knew that a couple of models played ps2 games, but none of the stores I went to had those models the day I bought my ps3. Also, taking out the ps2 support to make the console cheaper is bad for the customer because then they have to pay an extra $100 to buy a ps2. I would prefer ps2 games to many other features which I think could have been taken out that I never use (like bluetooth and wi-fi). Maybe those could have been accessories or addons.

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Not many people except people like us want a ps2, except for the games, it does everything that could.

And more obviously, but hay-they have ported the god of war games over, and I heard a remour that singstar works on all ps3's regardless of the model (which really annoys me...)

7. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

All controllers etc. connect to the PS3 via bluetooth. Also, the one thing I like the PS3 over the 360 is its Wifi support. The fact that Microsoft have made users have to buy a wifi adapter for $100+ is an insult. So to say we have to spend less the $100 for a PS2 isn't too much to ask.

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Not all models have wifi as far as I know.

9. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I believe the cheap 20GB version did not have built in Wi-Fi.

10. Paddette

Paddette Well-Known Member

You can hack your Ps3 to play Ps2 games.

11. tonyc21

tonyc21 Member

I forgot that the controllers use bluetooth. The reason I never use wi-fi is because a wired connection is faster. How do wireless 360 controllers connect to the xbox?

12. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_Controller#Wireless_Gaming_Receiver

Same frequency as bluetooth, but not bluetooth (so it needs a special receiver to connect to your PC)