1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Playstation emulator help...

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by redoperator, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redoperator

redoperator Well-Known Member

... ok this is the dilemma, i have PSX and i know it doesn't run the .ecm file extensions attached to .bin files*. I got a program that will un-compress it, but, it runs screwy (it'll run through menus and start movies no problem, but cough and die (*black screen) when its button mashing time), i was thinking of moving over to ePSXe and i was thinking: can ePSXe run .ecm extentions with the correct plug-ins? does it work fine when its uncompressed? am i totally hosed? (because i have a bunch of games that are great games but under the .ecm format)

*the success rate of an uncompressed .bin running properly is 1 out of 13 games

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...where'd you get the .ecm files from?

I never heard of that-so no clue-epsxe is a better emulator overall though.

3. redoperator

um i can give you the site through a PM, i mean some of the work, but most of them don't

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

No need.

Well try this-get epsxe 1.7.0 and see how they go.

I just re-read and if may still run the games with the ecm extensions-worth a go.

BTW-what games-and why not here to download?

5. redoperator

... Romulation: unlimited download
    download easily crashes

... other site: Fast download
    No point limit (3 download a day)

--i'll try epsxe, is there a certain way to put it together?, will it work on vista? are there any plug-ins i need? will it work with the 360 controller? how much ram does it use? will it run games almost-flawlessly?

6. -zeRo-

-zeRo- Well-Known Member

HOHOHOHOHO!!!

Download the ePSXe 1.7.0, (maybe)you need to download the zlib1.dll(if there is something wrong with the emulator, for example the menu)..
    as for the game, isn't this site hosted PSX game?why download at other site? and i have played it on vista, and working fine to me(dunno need special setting because my friend(meganova) do the installation(I mean to make the emulator works smoothly.)

and about the controller....haven't tried it, and about the ram... dunno...
    It will run most of the games... SMOOTHLY!!!(Hell yeah!!)

7. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=8528.0

8. redoperator

thanks for the help... i'm gonna play startrek for now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.