1. This forum is in read-only mode.

playstation 2 isos!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by parklane79, Apr 17, 2009.

1. parklane79

parklane79 New Member

I have an idea we can start a PlayStation 2 ISO section an i can help build it i have a total of 21 games i can add to the list.

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

The Admins are still discussing this matter, because hosting PS2 ISOs would require upgrading the system's storage capacity & would also mean higher costs because hosting these ISOs/ROMs don't come cheap. As is, according to loonylion, the site spends $3,000USD monthly for hosting the stuff the site currently host.

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I don't know where you got that $50,000 figure Cahos, but it's well above the real figure, I edited it to be accurate. :)

Also, no, no PS2 ISOs yet.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

$50k is approximately the amount our host pays for his bandwidth, of which we use some and pay a proportionate fraction of the cost.

5. parklane79

parklane79 New Member

Can't we just put up links and everyone can download them off file sharing websites? ???

6. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

You sure can, but we have a trading section for that already, with a Sony section; you can put in whatever you want there. :)

7. parklane79

parklane79 New Member

YAY! ;D

8. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

@The Almighty seph: There was this thread where loony was discussing how much it cost to keep this place up & he did say that 50k figure of which a fraction of it was indeed what you guys pay for the system's upkeep.

ROFL, the search bar's showing its limitations again I can't find said thread where loony said that 50k figure.

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1848.msg175937#msg175937