1. This forum is in read-only mode.

playstation 2 emulators help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mtatomic64, Jun 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mtatomic64

mtatomic64 Member

i need help with the playstation 2 emulators help.
    i need to know which plugins, options and bios should be good for the Pcsx2 emulator.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

The most basic plugins come with the emu, and as for the bios, just get everyone you can, I was lucky to find a pack with all 3 :)

Unfortunatly I forgot where I got it, just google "ps2 bios" and see where you go...

By getting all 3, you can set it so if you have an game from australia (pal) it will work in say america (nstc) or japan (nstc-j) making it VERY versitile...

If you have the tools and knoledge, find a ps2 and rip the bios out of that, BUT you have to know what your doing, and you most likly don't have a clue (like me) how to do so XD

As for options, find out your pc's specs, and set it accordingly, got pixel shader 3?

Set it up for that, how about direct x-set it for the right one (even though my laptop has 10, I set it for 9 on the emu-runs better becase my laptop is a bit on the weak side :( )

Just mess with the options for a bit, put the bios where it's meant to be, and make sure in the options, everything is pointed in the right direction (ie don't point it to a memory card folder that your planning on moving, or doesn't exsist, but you might have known that :) )

And a final word-the memory card folder shall generate memorycard data when you try to save at least once-some times not but you have to be doing something strange in order for it to not go (like I did-not sure how I fixed it or how it was caused...)

When you get it and stuck, let us know-even without a disc or iso, or should be able to run the main ps2 menu at least, at full speed :)

(provided your pc has good specs, if not it's gonna run really slow and you WILL NOTICE!)

3. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Plugins - I suggest download all of them,in case of 'emergency'
    Bios - search at google.

4. mtatomic64

mtatomic64 Member

thanks, but i don't know if the game is NTSC,PAL or NTSC-J.
    I bought it from ebay
    Can you give me the list of the best plugins i can use...
    MY computer specs. are:
    Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E4600
    2437 MHZ
    MMX,SSe,SSE2,SSE3,SSSE3
    well i downloaded the bioses and the were v01.60
    is v02.00 better??
    I need you to say me a good cdvdrom plugin....
    By the way i'm trying 2 play FFXII
    Thanks for ur time

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Look on the game box, it will say what region it is in one corner. (also possibly on the disc). Also be aware that some games cannot yet be acceptably emulated, PS2 emulation is somewhat hit or miss.

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

That's why I said just get all 3 bios-now I'm not sure, but ethier the emulator will reconfigure for when it's needed, or you just keep changing until it hits the spot...

Also, check out the home page's compatibility guide-not sure about final fantasy :)

Now, not sure if the bios you got is...descriptive, so I'd use these terms...

"ps2 bios"

"ps2 nstc bios"

"ps2 nstc j bios"

"ps2 pal bios"

I got lucky and downloaded a pack with all 3 -these were home made as the emu shows the version as ??? but they do the job, and well at that...

And as loony said, it's hit and miss, gta san andreas needs your pc to be at full power...

But from what I see of your specs, your's is more than mine in power-should be ok with graphic intensive games (got mine just for sonic mega collection plus really XD)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.