1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Playstation 1 games

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by cmmbert, Jun 26, 2013.

1. cmmbert

cmmbert New Member

I'm sorry if this is mentioned elsewhere on the site or forums but I couldn't really find anything. (Might be me who's unable to understand what to do really.)

So recently, my Road Rash: jailbreak game got badly scratched and I decided to look for the necessary game data on the internet. Happened to find this site.
    I would want a CD that contains this game so I can play it on my playstation.

Is there a way to do this? Or are these files only meant for emulators?
    If there is, do I need a chip or anything in my PS?

I already tried burning the image and also burning the seperate files onto a CD, neither worked. Playstation said that I had to put in a Playstation disk.

Thank you.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

you need a modchip or to use the swap trick. The files must be burned as an image, using reputable media and at a speed of 4x or lower.

3. cmmbert

cmmbert New Member

What is that and where can I get one of those?

[quote author=Loonylion] use the swap trick. [/quote] I have no idea what that is.

[quote author=Loonylion] The files must be burned as an image [/quote] When I downloaded the files from this site, it had 4 files in it:
    .cue 83 Kb
    .ccd 772 Kb
    .sub 23.919.264 Kb
    .img 568.021.968 Kb

I tried burning the .img on a CD, the playstation didn't start the game.
    I also tried burning the contents of the .img . Same end result.

What am I doing wrong?

[quote author=Loonylion] using reputable media [/quote] Such as?

[quote author=Loonylion] at a speed of 4x or lower.[/quote] I have no idea what you mean by that.

4. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

http://www.mod-chip.com/psone-c-30.html

http://www.1emulation.com/forums/topic/18540-an-easy-psx-swap-trick/

You need to mod your console or use the swap disk trick to play backups.

A good disk.

Most burning utilities will allow you to choose what speed to burn the image as.
    Always choose 4x or lower.

5. Loonylion

use TDK or Verbatim CD-R discs, CD-RWs will not work. Burn the .cue file using imgburn (free download, when you run it choose the 'burn image file to disc' option, and then select the .cue file, making sure the other 3 files are in the same folder). Set the burn speed to 2x or 4x.

6. cmmbert

cmmbert New Member

Right before I posted here, I bought a set of 10 CD-RW. *facepalm*

Anyways, after searching around a bit I found a "Philips CD-R80 48x 700MB". Will this suffice?

Also, CD-R's can only be burned once, correct?

7. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Yeah. I used Sony OEM CDs back in the day, burning at x4.

8. cmmbert

cmmbert New Member

Do I still need to use the swap trick if I burned this disk?

9. Loonylion

yes, you either need a modchip fitted into the playstation or to use the swap trick.

not sure if philips would count as a reputable brand, I'd personally stick with TDK or Verbatim, or Memorex at a pinch.

Yes CD-Rs are single use.

10. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

This is absolutely unacceptable Xenirina, please start treating people with respect and don't think yourself above them just because you know more about a subject.