1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Playing The World Ends With You in No$gba emulator

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by JTakashiNe, May 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JTakashiNe

JTakashiNe Well-Known Member

I've read from somewhere that playing The World Ends With You is possible in No$gba emulator if
    you're using no$zoomer. The problem I have is I don't know the right setting of no$zoomer so I
    can't play it. I've no idea how most the options do ???. So far I'm only using it to play no$gba with larger screen. Please help! I'm using No$gba v 2.6a and no$zoomer v 2.3.0.1.

2. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Search the forum!
    That game does not work on an emulator!
    It works on flashcarts for the DS

Edit: Things have changed since I was last active

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I think there is a v2.3.0.2 available for no$zoomer. And people are saying the Zoomer fixes the TWEWY problems. I have never used it and don't know what settings are needed.

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Simply google no$zoomer and you'll find the Ngemu link for 2.3.0.1.

5. JTakashiNe

Thank you for the help. I'm finally able to play it after changing the save type to fram 32 bytes. Even though the start button seems to be 'invisible' (black like background), I found it in the upper left corner of the game screen.

6. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

Wait how can you play tat game on the computer?
    Isn't it almost impossible?
    Controlling the stylus which would be the mouse and the keyboard at the same time?

7. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

It's hard... but not impossible.

8. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

Okay, tried enabling all EXTRA Options from EX0 -> EX5, it seems to work but it crashed after I escaped the first battle,

Could somebody help, what do I need to disable from those EXTRA's to have it work?

9. JTakashiNe

I've experience no crashes while playing the game. I didn't tweak anything in the menu except changing the save type to fram 32 bytes. Do you have the same version of no$gba and no$zoomer as mine? In ngemu forums they've said that no$zoomer sometimes cause crashes though I haven't experience any. Moving your no$gba to the root of drive c may help since I've read in forums that no$gba works as well when it is put inside to many subfolders.

10. Blade5406

Yes it works well without the tweaks, but I want a full color game not black all over, I selected all EXTRA options but it seems one of them makes it crash..

11. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Is the GBA Mode setting set to VGA? :p

12. JTakashiNe

When you said black do you mean the sprites? I have the same problems before but I was able to solve it after changing from using no$gba v2.6 to no$gba v2.6a. Which version did you use? No$gba v2.6a should work and you could download for free.

13. Blade5406

Yeah, got 2.6a and no$zoomer 2.3.0.2 ...

14. JTakashiNe

Maybe it is something to do with your computer [RAM, graphic card etc]

15. Blade5406

Could you tell me your settings, please? only the no$zoomer's setting...

Edit: Okay, I got it to work and in Full Color too, haha, just don't know when's it gonna last, though. I only enabled EX0 in the EXTRA's option.

Nothing's black anymore, hahahah

16. Rai-Jin

Rai-Jin Member

Can someone still give me the pefect settings? The game works great for me now but only if I activate certain EXes and even then it has slight slowdowns when therers much going on the screen (Actually only when theres multiple NPCs it has around 10 FPS and in battle and with not many NPCs up to 40 FPS).
    Other than that the game works great so some advice for the last step to perfection would be great ^^.

17. JTakashiNe

As I stated before I didn't change anything in the option but just in case here it is:
    Render=OpenGL,sync
    Ratio of screen=100%
    Filter= 1st Bilinear, 2nd none
    update interval=30fps
    volume=50%
    seperator=none
    Tick=on exit close emulator,create for this rom it own setting.

Just to be sure you have the same version of emulator and zoomer? zoomer folder is inside the no$gba folder? no$gba folder is situated at root of drive c?[in my case it's in my document], your pc processing power?[my laptop is genuine intel cpu [email protected],502mb of RAM]

I don't have any problem so far with this game and playing around 100fps to 180fps at all times. I'm currently in 2nd partner Joshua chapter.

18. Blade5406

are you sure that's FPS or the percentage?, because that would be very fast and i wouldn't want to play it at that rate, very hard to concentrate on the goddamn enemy,

me I play it at 100% to 180%, 60FPS(normal) to 75FPS,

19. tomitanoshii

tomitanoshii Well-Known Member

Change the no$gba settings then try tweaking since speed would ultimately be on the emulator. The settings that would most likely affect your speed on the no$gba would be:

Video output: Changing this from 24 to 15 bit would recover a measly 1-3 frames per second.
    3D Render: Only 2.6a has this option. Use nocash if your experiencing slowdown.
    Opengl - Fast. Great 3D render.
    Nocash - Fastest, Glitchy.

Others has a fast/best guide on them so I guess I shouldn't have to explain it.

No$zoomer's settings
    - Direct X would be faster. Fixed the sync problem on 2.3.0.2
    - Size would also affect speed. Play with 640x480 to avoid distortion.
    - Filters may slow emulation. Avoid if slowdown is experienced.
    - Update interval tick to 60 for best results. Check for skip.

20. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Hey,if you use Opengl,the graphic is very horrible....just use Nocash..
    a message "rom-image crashed" popped out after the 1st scene (where riku chased by the frog )
    How to fix this??

By the way,Here my computer spec..
    AMD Althon(tm) 64x2 Dual
    Core Processor 5600+
    3.00Ghz, 2Gb RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce 9500GT 1GB

Help me!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.