1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Playing PSP ISO on my PS Vita.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fuszion, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Fuszion

Fuszion Active Member

Can I do this? If yes, How do I do it?
    Do I have to download some sort of hack or something? If yes, does it stop me from playing Vita games?

Thanks!

2. Blazemax

Blazemax Well-Known Member

in this following order, YES you can. use GOOGLE to find it. YES something like that. NO you can still play your games. Word of warning, its wiser to support sony, by buying psp games digitally on their network(they are still available) before using Turning your OFW into a CFW to play iso games found on the net. Its help them to continue making vita and ps4 games and beyond.

3. Fuszion

Fuszion Active Member

I have been Googling it and have found there doesn't seem to be any standard on how to do it. Or what programs to use. I was hoping for a bit more guidance on where to look and how to do it!
    I only really want to do this with a few games that aren't on the PSN store! I would gladly pay for it if they were selling it! I do find it funny that you are saying that on a site like this!
    Anyways, the games I want to do this with I already own as UMD's. I'm just trying to put them all on one device but still be able to play my Vita games and use the Vita store.

4. Fylgja

Fylgja High level Neet

the only way to do it is f you have a game already on your vita that has been exploited and you are on the right firmware version on your vita, if you don't you should visit wololo.net regularly for a new game to be announced that has been exploited

5. Blazemax

Blazemax Well-Known Member

Ok um i dont know what the other guy is talking about, but to play iso/cso on psp or vita, you will need to search "custom firm ware" aka CFW and the device you possess and then search. BE WARNED, some do release it with malware been known to happen, and also once you convert to CFW it is irreversible. Meaning if vita has an update, you might not be able to get it.

6. Fylgja

Fylgja High level Neet

there are no cfw's for the vita, only ecfw's (PSP mode custom firmware)

this is true for anything on the internet, as long as you don't go to shady looking sites you should be fine

quite the opposite, you can remove the ecfw by either formatting your memory card in your vita of by updating it to newer firmware so if you do decide to install the ecfw on you vita you wont be able to access the ps store or play vita games that require a newer firmware versions

7. Fuszion

Fuszion Active Member

OK Thanks! I'll just leave it alone then.

8. M_U_Lations

M_U_Lations Active Member

Jeeeze, I'm way outta the loop....so the Vita has been (fully?) 'hacked', then, or?

I seem to keep hearing about how the Vita has "failed" and will be discontinued, but I never know if that is valid information or just more internet babbling.
    Being a big PSP fan, I'm damned curious about the system. I have fiddled around with a few at various pawn shops, (they seem to be readily available at most local pawns/game shops) and they feel pretty neat, quite a bit like my wife's phone/tablet devices.

For my money, though, the good 'old' PSP 1000 seems like the far more solid build.

9. Fylgja

Fylgja High level Neet

no the vita hasn't been fully hacked yet only the PSP emulator side but you need an exploited game first (it was announced on wololo.net that a new exploited game is going to be announced soon). recently there was a huge exploited game dump for games that have been known to have an exploit but remained private between the developers to try and get the progress of actually hacking the vita and not just the psp emulator built into the vita moving along.

there has been a possible exploit for the vita side made public but its very early days for it