1. This forum is in read-only mode.

playing PS1 games on PSP..POPSLoader?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by houstontx224, Apr 3, 2011.

1. houstontx224

houstontx224 Well-Known Member

Been wanting to try out Final Fantasy 7 on PSP..Checking around I'm seeing that I might need to download something called POPSLoader(?).. , after that I'm reading that I neeed to place it in my seplugins folder. Any of this souding correct? Because Im already using ISOTool on my PSP and running 5.5o GEN D (Full) on my PSP 1000 series.
    Also, will this POPSLoader take a lot of space on my memory stick ?

HoustonTX224
    Post Merge: [time]1301843215[/time]
    I read on a little more..OS for instance ..if I did want to play Final Fantasy 7..it should go like this on my PSP...PSP>GAME>Fianl Fantasy 7>the eboot.pbp (in a folder of it's own) ? That's what it looks like from what Ive read. Thanks.

HoustonTX224

2. paisios

paisios Well-Known Member

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Yes, the Eboot files go into a Folder named anything you want, but usually the best is the game's name in the PSP/GAME folder.

Popsloader is not required, but is very helpful. Without Popsloader, you are stuck using the version of Pops in your current firmware. Popsloader lets you use any version you want from previous firmwares. Pops is the Sony-made emulator that runs the PSOne games on your PSP. Introduced back in 3.00 OFW, or somewhere around there. Back when they started wanting to sell Playstation Classics on the PSNetwork.

There are quite a few tutorials and solution topics on the subject of popsloader if you search the Technical Help section. You can find links to pre-packaged poploader plugin packs, and you can find links to good eboot-creation programs and some files required to run them.