1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Playing music/mp3 on ds

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Zgardie, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Zgardie

Zgardie New Member

im trying to play mp3's. iv got the lastest moonshell 2 firmware and created a folder in root but when i play it there is no sound?. when i launch audio player i get error msg 'no file in folder', is there another folder i should be puting it? suggestions?

2. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

What flash cart and firmware?

3. linkfan551

linkfan551 Well-Known Member

What flashcart / FW version?

I know that M3 Sakura has this problem, and works with the alternate loader.

4. Zgardie

Zgardie New Member

have original R4 and just loaded wood1.04, which is great by the way, then added moonshell2 for media player

5. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

This bug has already been reported for the new Wood firmware, it will eventually be remedied. Either use an earlier version of moonshell and see if that fixes the issue, or use a different firmware if you often use your DS for music.

6. Zgardie

Zgardie New Member

Thx for the reply. i had the same problem when using ysmenu + moonshell2, so i dont think it was directly related to wood..never-the-less, i'll try an earlier moonshell, or is there any other media player? :)

7. hot-dani

hot-dani Member

use old moonshell will work good

8. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

If you get the latest release of Moonshell 2 it will include the alternate loader version (it's just another .nds file). Try using that. I recently gave my R4 Wood (sorry, bad joke) and I noticed that videos didn't have sound, so I used the alt loader and it fixed it. So I'm assuming the problems are related.