1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Playing Dreamcast Games ?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ZeraX, Feb 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZeraX

ZeraX Well-Known Member

hi i have trouble playing Dream Cast Games.
    i use chankast and Deamon tools or UltraISO.
    to mount it and Chankast should read it, but it always take me to the bios screen and when i press select it tell me "Inset a CD game" or something like that.

but from a long time, i used to Play Resident Evil Code veronica Normally with the same ways.
    but now it doesn't.

anybody have a solution ?
    thank in advance

2. tonyc21

tonyc21 Member

I could never get chankast to work. You should try getting nulldc. Way less glitches.

3. ZeraX

ZeraX Well-Known Member

note: the games are downloaded from this site, does it because it not what they are calling selfboot ??
    Post Merge: [time]1265829776[/time]
    note: the games are downloaded from this site, does it because it not what they are calling selfboot ??

4. super_pastafari32

super_pastafari32 Well-Known Member

i used chancast to play dreamcast game it they run good enougth for me

be sure of the next things

1. if you are mounting the cd image put the directory of the virtual drive not the one you have(i mean for example. normaly you use E:/ drive for reading disc. be sure to put the drive that marks daemon tools when you mount it maybe for you its F:/

2. be sure of having well configured plugins

3. do you already download: dc_bios and dc_flash

i hope it was useful for you. the truth is I'm very bad to better explain what is my point
    sorry (you know. English is not my native language)

5. ZeraX

ZeraX Well-Known Member

1,2,3 are all right.
    tried these before many times, but no good.
    i still believe the DC games from this site are not Selfboot, like what im read, i heared the non-selfboot games won't run in emulators, and there are programs to do that but all links are dead.. :(
    thank you anyway

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

the vast majority of our roms are self boot.

7. ZeraX

ZeraX Well-Known Member

really ? so there is another problem, i will keep to find out what it is.
    by the way do have selfboot application just in case ?
    sorry for inconvenience

8. super_pastafari32

i use the isos from here to play so i dont think that is your problem

9. ZeraX

ZeraX Well-Known Member

super_pastafari32 would u tell what emulator you use and virtual drive softwar ??, and exactly your configuration.
    i'm gonna try your settings

10. super_pastafari32

is said that a picture is worth a thousand words

http://s804.photobucket.com/albums/yy321/super_pastafari32/?action=view&current=Dibujo.jpg

DRIVE: F:/ (you say you have the correct drive so i think there is no problem there.)
    VIDEO: 640 x 480 (NO show wire frames, NO use zwrite, NO use alpha test zwrite, NO wireframe, YES show status (however this don't afect you))
    CABLE TYPE: NTSC (the great part of the games are NTSC so this shoul do it. but there are some games PAL, you should try PAL maybe work in some games. however as i said the grat majority of the games are NTSC)
    PRIORITY: normal
    (NOTE: Chankast not work very well in vista or seven. plus make sure your CPU meets the minimum requirements (i soupose you already know that because you said you have played it before, but I say it just in case))

well that my configuration i hope it works on your CPU

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.