1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Play Updated Games on SOME Flashcart clones

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by dantheiphoneman, Jan 23, 2013.

1. dantheiphoneman

dantheiphoneman New Member

(TESTED AND WORKS ON R4ULTRA I AM NOT SURE OF OTHERS! I AM NOT RESPONCIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE FOR YOUR FLASHCART! DO AT YOUR OWN RISK!)

Dear Readers of this article,

I'm not the most HQ here but listen me out. Last night as I was tinkering around with my R4Ultra and managed to load and play new roms onto it. (I didn't really know about flashcarts when I bought it, so call me stupid :p, R4Ultra is a crappy clone) and I remember that I was able to play pokemon black on it, though it never worked well, and I formatted my card, leaving me no way to trace back my work (fail). So I will give step by step instructions, as clear as possible, on how to get the latest and greatest ROMs working on your outdated DS flashcart (not gaurenteed to work on every cart).

Step 1. Make backup of any game you want to backup, plugin the microSD to your computer, and format the card.
    (If you are on a mac, go to spotlight, and find DiskUltility, and under the, Erase, tab for your Drive, click format, any one will do).

Step 2. On your flashcart box or flashcart, go to the website that holds all of your firmware. For me presumably R4Ultra.com. Download the Firmware that your flashcart needs.

Step 3. Go Google R4DS wood firmware and download the latest firmware.

Step 4. After the two downloads, open the OFFICAL firmware that came with your cart, and install that, I mean everything in the folder.

Step 5. After installing your OFFICIAL firmware, open the wood folder and ONLY DRAG OVER THE _rpg FOLDER NOTHING ELSE! CAUSE YOU WANT TO BOOT INTO THE OFFICAL FW!

Step 6. After installing those firmwares, plugin the Micro SD into the flashcart, and select the rom you want to play, DON'T LAUNCH IT!!!! DO THIS PRECAUTION!!!! I HAVE NO CLUE IF IT WILL WORK OR NOT!!! Select Rom Settings, and change anti-piracy to Disabled, and change the save to 256MB.

Step 7. Save and Launch the Rom... HAVE FUN!

If you have any questions, please comment politely so i will help. If you still don't understand and request a video, please ask.
    People will probably be like, use YSMenu instead, this is an alternative to YSMENU, you can use that instead of the official FW that came with the cart, but I like AKIAO so I use that instead.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Re: Play Updated Games on Cloned R4

this method works on very few carts, you're lucky that you have one it works on.

3. dantheiphoneman

dantheiphoneman New Member

Re: Play Updated Games on Cloned R4

Lol really, never knew :p I am the one who ends up unlucky and gets the worst thing, haha.