1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Play Roms from SD Card on DSi

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by wonka8869, Mar 29, 2009.

1. wonka8869

wonka8869 Member

Is there a way, or is thee likely to be a way, to play roms from the SD card on a DSi?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

no there is not.

3. Deathbreak911

Deathbreak911 Well-Known Member

Why do you say there isn't? I thought it took them a week to hack the SD slot or something....
    Something like that... I don't remember...

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

He says there isn't because there isn't.

Currently you cannot play roms from the SD Slot on the DSi. Maybe in the future you will be able to, but right now you have to use flashcarts designed for the DSi.

Who knows, the hardware design of the SD Slot may make it impossible to access the game hardware through it. Just like it's impossible to play GBA games from Slot 1, since the hardware is seperated.

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

It's not there anymore anyhoo. I'm sure the engineering will be reversed soon enough.

6. thefutureman

thefutureman New Member

It's the future now. After a year and a half, did it become possible to play DSi roms through the SD slot?

7. pichon64

pichon64 Well-Known Member

The thing is nobody it's interested on doing it. Specially now, with the 3DS around the corner.

8. thefutureman

thefutureman New Member

They aren't interested now, but more than a year ago everyone was going on about how R4/Acecard will disappear since the SD slot can be hacked. And after that silence. So I'm googling around trying to find if there is an SD hack or did the companies behind flash cards thwart the DSi scene preventing the creation of an SD hack.

9. linh6496

linh6496 Member

I love the grave digging here =D

10. Raikoo

Raikoo Well-Known Member

just wait itll be out for the 3DS becuz Big N said DSi and 3DS will use the same security system but the flashcarts for DSi will most likely be blocked and any ways to load roms you would possibly have to flash the firmware (FLASHcart)

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

no it never happpened.

12. thefutureman

thefutureman New Member

Thank you for sharing the sad news with me.