1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Play GBA Games online with no download required?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stanley Richards, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

I remember a website a few months ago where you can play GBA games directly from a browser, or something similar to that. Anyone know that website?

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

There was an app or add-on for FireFox once called FireNES that did allow one to play NES games over the net some time ago, but I'm not sure if it's still available.

I don't know of any GBA browser emulation apps though.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

More like flash versions of the games, I seen nes ones before (donkey kong ftw) but never gba ones.

Emulators and flash carts made me forget about these flash based things.

4. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

I remember there was a real website where you really could play GBA games, but I'm not sure if it saved games. And the background was in black.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

it was probably an emulator written in java.

6. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

I remember http://retrouprising.com/ used to have them but they got rid of them becos the head (kong) didn't wanna host any games online for consoles that have been dead for less than 10 years.

They've got quite a selection still, though. But you CAN'T download roms there, so it is NOT a rom site.

There's 2 types of emus there - java and ArcadeOX. Java is a standard java app. ArcadeOX is a free firefox addon that literally downloads a PC emulator (usually the most popular for the given console) and rom to your temp folder, opens it in a new window, plays the rom, and deletes itself when you're done.

For GBA, look around a bit more. Hell if they can do Jario64 they can do GBA.
    Post Merge: [time]1295065198[/time]
    there was one a while back. It was broken as shit and there was no sound. That's the one that used to be on RU.