1. This forum is in read-only mode.

platinum blank white screen

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Forth18, Mar 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forth18

Forth18 Member

I have an R4 1.18 and whenever i start pokemon platinum, R4 does the "game loading" and when that fills up it just goes to a blank white screen. I know it works because a couple of times it's actually played the game with my save file so i know its not a save file problem... can anybody help me?

2. iNillus

iNillus Member

I usually get those problems with games when I enable a new cheat etc.
    Try toggling off the cheat switch, if it works then, then just untick all enable cheats and re-enable them (one by one?) to see what cheat makes it fuck up.
    Hope this helps.

- Nillus

3. Forth18

Forth18 Member

umm... do the cheats have to be related to this specific game? because there aren't any cheats out for the USA release of this game yet...

4. jazzasidari

jazzasidari Well-Known Member

yes there are cheats for usa ones u just download of gbatemp or make some using pokesav

5. iNillus

iNillus Member

Oh something else, my M3Real (non-Sakura, latest firmware) also shows just a white screen when booting a game with the cheat switch enabled, but no cheats selected.
    Try disabling the cheats switch, apart from that I dunno what could be causing your problem.

- Nillus

6. Forth18

Forth18 Member

thanks for trying, but still hasn't helped me...

7. rush n kaos

rush n kaos Well-Known Member

yes they have to be for that specific game. otherwise they could have just taken the same ones from Diamond/Pearl and reused them.
    anyways, they ARE out already, check the link below for the thread leading to the cheat codes and its download (it's a temporary spot, though, cause the guy that does it went somewhere)

note:the site is lagging extremely bad for some odd reason (or maybe it's just me)... so it might take a while to load

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=142609&hl=%22

and by the way, from what i've heard, it could be compatibility issues seeing how the R4 is completely outdated now :(
    but the clean ROM ran fine for me though. try doing an arm7 patch for it

8. Forth18

Forth18 Member

would you be so kind as to link me to a guide on how to arm 7?

9. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.