1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PJ64....worth it?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by psxerick, Apr 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psxerick

psxerick Member

I am torn. I have been using epsxe for a while now, and love it. But there were several games on the N64 that i loved. Last time I tried to get it on my computer it seemed to give me issues with running right. but then again so did the epsxe the 1st time (before i learned that reading is a good idea when installing an emu). I noticed that the games also seem to be MUCH smaller in size on the hard drive. what are your views?

My rig is as follows

Amd64 processor
    WinXP SP3
    3850HD Sapphire ATI-Radeon Card with 3 shade
    2 gigs Ram
    DirectX installed (10)

2. -a55-

-a55- Well-Known Member

well,theres no harm in trying,and if it still doesn't work try 1964 when i had my old PC that's what i used and it worked very well,my old PC was really bad too.

3. psxerick

psxerick Member

I must have said a wrong spec on my computer... it isnt the best rig, wont try to claim it is...but i can run most games at full graphics. (not emu games, but releases. such as CoD4)

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

that computer will run N64 games no problem. Be aware that our games are compressed using 7zip, and need to be extracted before use.

5. psxerick

psxerick Member

Thanks for the heads up. I use WinZip, which does the same thing if I understand correctly. If I am wrong though I can always get 7zip =)

6. Loonylion

winzip cannot open 7zip files.

7. psxerick

psxerick Member

Ok thanks a ton loony, I will get 7zip now. I guess it never hurts to DL the emu and test it, so shouldn't be an issue.

8. psxerick

psxerick Member

Loonylion, I love you to death, and would never Neigh say you for the sake of doing so, but the 64 games can be opened by winzip. I am not sure if it is just the newest version or not, but when I went to open the files 7zip did not show up on the list of options (yes I downloaded it right away before getting roms) and it said it was a WinRar file type (thats what my computer registered it as). I have opened all the games I have gotten from here so far with it now with no issues. Again, I am not trying to be that guy, but I have to be cuz it can be opened with it.

P.S. Please dont ban me haha

9. Loonylion

Winrar can also open 7zip files (if you have the latest version, that is). Winzip is a different program and cannot. Additionally, 7zip works through the right-click menu, which is why it didn't appear when you double clicked the file.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.