1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Piracy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by maco123456, Mar 13, 2010.

1. maco123456

maco123456 New Member

So its finally come.... the war has started with nintendo :p

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You are about a year too late.

3. maco123456

maco123456 New Member

i sure am :D but were probably gonna win

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Eventually. But not before losing the R4 and all it's poorer quality, unsupported clones. (a good thing, but still a group that will lose).

Nintendo could make a break through though, like Sony did with the PSP, and all but kill the Scene with enough anti-piracy and special checks and firmware updates. Not saying it will happen, but it could (maybe).

5. maco123456

maco123456 New Member

yeah wat really sucks is that i but my R4 around the time this started and my M3 got stolen

6. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

There will always be hackers hacking gmaes, uploading them, making patches. No matter what they do, nothing is unhackable!

7. fdgsaoralex

fdgsaoralex Well-Known Member

PS3, I've not looked it up for a looong time but last time I checked it hadn't been hacked and that was a long time after it'd been released

8. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

PS3 Is not as reliable as the Wii and Xbox 360. They came first issuing a lot of problems and stuff. Also, Sony is notorious for not making any of it's products user friendly.

And I saw a youtube video of some guy using his PS3 console for 3D rendering.

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

What planet are you on? PS3 is FAR MORE reliable than xbox 360, which is about the least reliable console ever released.

10. deanalexander

deanalexander Well-Known Member

Nothing is unhackable yes, but it takes brains to hack it.
    I bet Nintendo will think of something soon enough.

11. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

piracy is cool, i wanna be jack sparrow and keira knightley would get......oh, you mean game piracy?
    no matter what they try some clever person will always hack it.
    its good for us short term because we can just download games easily but its hurting the developers and sooner or later the small companies are just gonna give up because they wont make enough money.
    so that means less/worse games in the long run

12. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

Not being user friendly is not what I call reliable. See the example of the in-movie blu-ray menu. There's at least 20 symbols in there with no legends or caption of what they do. And some options of the in-movie menus you don't get on the main system menu. What a way! Two completely different menus with different options on each.

13. xakota

xakota Well-Known Member

I'm really scared that DS piracy is doomed. It's only a matter of time before the AP is perfected.

14. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

DS piracy is not doomed, just smells funny. The problem maybe is that hardware mods would be necessary unless someone study how the anti piracy firmware thing works and bypasses it.

15. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

They found an exploit, still needs alot of work to do ANYTHING though.

I am able to use the ps3 easily, and I'm a moron :p

But then again I had a psp before hand...and at least the failure rate isn't as high as 360's AND online gaming doesn't cost extra :p

[me=hYpNoS]agrees[/me]

That's an issue with the movie makers, I found my way easily, unless you ant to explain what exactly is the complication?

No, it'll only be exploited as time rolls by, maybe they could make a cfw like the psp's do and run the stuff on the ds it's self without the need of a flash cart-THAT I WANT!!!

That said, despite the fact I pillage from eb games and exploit their 7 day return policy (and copy the games-ds/psp, you name it :) ) and of course download from here, I try to aim at games they are ethier no longer being made/outdated or made by ea/thq :p

Very few new releases I download these days.

16. Loonylion

Then you're using the wrong words. Reliability has nothing to do with user friendliness. unix isnt user friendly but its extremely reliable. User friendliness is how easy it is to learn to use, reliability is how often it fails to work or breaks down.

17. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

Hackers will think of something SOONER.

But seriously, for me, a hint of guilt will remain on my as-- mind.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2022
  18. H_Delta101

H_Delta101 Well-Known Member

Is it true that AP can be perfected.Nothing is perfect in this world,i think....................

19. Loonylion

no it isnt true.

20. freehand01

freehand01 Well-Known Member

well I think the APs in NDS roms main objective is not to make it unplayable but to delay(we can see it in almost all the new roms coming this time)