1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Picross DS extra puzzles (Now with even more Picross 3D issues @.@)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by m64m, Jul 13, 2010.

1. m64m

m64m Well-Known Member

I just found out that you can download puzzle sets from 10 past games (most of which are Japanese) to Picross DS. However, my issue is that the game only holds 10 packs (roughly, an entire game set). I was wondering if there's any way to bypass that. Is there an AR code or something that can break the limit?

2. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Re: Picross DS extra puzzles

I believe it's the limitation of the save size. I don't think there's a way to alter the save size and still render the game playable. Don't worry about the puzzles though, you can delete extra puzzles after you solve them to free up space for the next pack.

3. m64m

m64m Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know. I'm just greedy XD Wanted to see if I could put them all on.

4. LuckyTrouble77

I wanted to at first too. I filled up 10 pages of puzzles and was wondering why I couldn't get even more. xD

5. m64m

m64m Well-Known Member

I downloaded an extra set to test it, and I had to delete all 10 puzzles individually. Is there a bulk delete option?

6. LuckyTrouble77

Not sure. I haven't played normal Picross much since Picross 3D came out.

7. m64m

m64m Well-Known Member

Love that too. A lot of extra downloads on that one. At least it's got more space for puzzles than Picross DS >.>

8. LuckyTrouble77

I also just find 3D all around more addicting. Plus, it's a little bit easier too. I find normal Picross to have too much guesswork involved in even the easier puzzles. It's probably why I didn't get as addicted to it as I did with 3D.

9. m64m

m64m Well-Known Member

Yeah, but the 3D does get pretty advanced. Which also brings up another thing. I downloaded all 19 packs for Picross 3D last night, and when I went to play it again, it deleted my save file. not the actual .sav, but the profile I created. I was pretty pissed, having almost 300 puzzles done. It was weird though, cause it saved all the downloaded puzzles and any custom puzzles I made before, with the name I used. I just hope this doesn't happen again >.>

10. LuckyTrouble77

That is really weird. Did you try restarting the game to see if maybe it was just an error? I've downloaded quite a few extra puzzles on Picross 3D and would hate to have around 150 puzzles that I did no longer be done.

11. m64m

m64m Well-Known Member

Yeah, I restarted it a few times, and checked other games to make sure it wasn't a full wipe. Buh. It's a fun game, so I don't really mind.

12. LuckyTrouble77

I just wish you could jump around with the difficulties a little instead of being forced to go in order. That is one thing I really liked in the original Picross DS, you weren't bound to a set path.

It seems really odd that it would delete nothing but the profile, but I guess sometimes crap just happens.

13. m64m

m64m Well-Known Member

Yeah, it is a little too linear.

I was just glad it saved the downloaded puzzles XD

Have you tried the contest winners' puzzles? They're not half bad.

14. LuckyTrouble77

They are all incredibly difficult though. Also, making puzzles is very simple. You design the final product, color, shape, all that, and then you pick a theme for it and the game builds the block all around the shape and automatically assigns the numbers. So really, you just have to come up with an awesomely intricate shape, and the game will do the rest of the work.

I made a few ones I really liked, but they don't really compare to the contest winners.

15. m64m

m64m Well-Known Member

I love that about this game.

I'm trying to make a Mario head now. Not turning out as I want. @.@

16. m64m

m64m Well-Known Member

So I went on WFC again, and found puzzle pack 20. Downloaded it, and then went back to the game to find my signature and backing colour had been wiped. Also, every time I access a WFC puzzle and leave, when I go back, there are 2 puzzles missing (I know this, because the puzzle total keeps dropping. It was at 128, then a puzzle actually corrupted, and I was prompted to reset the DS, and since then it drops 2 puzzles. I'm at 123.)

I think I'm going to start fresh. Right now, my rom is the (E) release, and it's trimmed. I'll get a (U) version, and see how that works out. I really want to trim it though. It goes from 64MB to 36MB.

17. LuckyTrouble77

Trimming it may be the issue. I have yet to have these issues and have never trimmed any of my ROM's.

18. m64m

m64m Well-Known Member

Just got the (U) version, started fresh with a new save. Downloading packs now. Hope it doesn't corrupt. Also. FFFUUUUUUUUU- the (E) and (U) versions have different puzzle packs (or at least it seems that way). There's 20 avaliable in (E), and 10 in (U). They seem to have similar puzzle count, so it may just be delayed puzzles for (U). Also, the contests are different.

I did trim this one, but I kept the un-trimmed one backed up, just in case. The (U) version trims to about 34 MB, as opposed to the (E)'s 36MB.

19. LuckyTrouble77

The (E) version has been around a lot longer, so naturally more contests have taken place. Thus, there are far more packs. The (U) version may react better to the trimming, but you won't know until you try.

This may just be one of those games that you can't trim and keep full functionality of.

20. m64m

m64m Well-Known Member

I hope not. It's one of the few games that nearly cuts in half. I finished downloading all the packs (and the only contest pack available). Trying to do a few puzzles before I reset it.

~~~~

Reset it. No issues so far. The puzzle packs are definitely different. First puzzle in (E) was a crocodile, and I just loaded this one, and it's a 10x10x6 block. Larger than anything I've seen in the game before.