1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Phone wars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Surf_dude99, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Surf_dude99

Surf_dude99 Well-Known Member

Anyways, I've heard rumours about Samsung Galaxy S vs. Iphone 4. I'm asking for your opinion on the 2 phones and judge the overall better phone.

Regards,
    Surf_dude99

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

iphone 4 is a steaming pile of crap. Hold it in the wrong place and it loses all signal.

3. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Unless you buy a case, any sort of case. There's so many other problems with the iPhone 4, I'm surprised every one brings up this one point, as if someone owns an iPhone and doesn't have any sort of case/screen protector (which probably only 1% of iPhone owners don't have a case). The glass backing and front means that you HAVE to buy a case protector and a screen protector, and this rectifies the signal issue.

That being said, a lot of other aspects of the iPhone 4 suck, it's battery life, iTunes, I don't like the appstore, and the GPS takes a while to actually pinpoint your exact location.

That being said, I don't know much about the Galaxy S.

4. basho1213

basho1213 Well-Known Member

depends on what you want though i personally have a iphone 4 havent had any problems but thats mainly because i live in
    ocean city atm which is high traffic so they care about making the coverage here good i dont know much bout the galaxy
    but my friend has one so ill ask her how well its been working but shes only had it for a couple of days.

5. and001y

and001y New Member

I do heard that models from different brands have contrast capability when it comes to connection of wifi network. Anyone ever had trouble with some models?

6. 2DamCerius

2DamCerius My eyes for your brain...fair trade.

I may be wrong but as I use my iphone I can manually adjust the contrast without having to access any wifi source. I look into the screen and it doesn't do any of that stuff you mention from a network. I have always used my phone and I haven't had any troubles with it except for the time that I updated my OS version and the screen blacked out and didn't show anything. I had to restore it (thankfully I saved it before that happened) just to show things again.

I like my phone. I can't see myself carrying something like a Samsung with a huge screen when phones are suppose to be travel sized tools. Has anyone actually decided to open an iphone? I had to buy the right tools for it because the freakin' screws are so freakin' tiny. I am interested in the design and I am impressed by how it's setup. Word of advice though...don't remove the black tape that covers the heatsink on the left side. It's littered with some kind of powder of something, I don't know exactly.