1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Phantasy Star Zero

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Pwnag3, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Pwnag3

Pwnag3 Guest

Is this game fricken awesome or what? Best RPG Ive played on DS all year. As good as Mario and Luigi Bowsers Inside Story

2. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Meh, it's an ok game.

3. mlsterben

mlsterben Member

I have a quick question about it: does it have a very good offline/single-player mode? I'm not really one for online gaming with strangers.

4. deank27

deank27 Well-Known Member

hmmm, in my opinion.. i don't like it!!!! i thought it was a waste waiting for it's release since a lot of people are going crazy about it. i think the gameplay system is a bit slow and repetitive (typo?) Didn't even bother to finish the first quest. Well it's my opinion since many people have different tastes in games. Also , no offense intended to all Phantasy Star 0 fans out there plz don't kill me for hating this game :p

5. rush n kaos

rush n kaos Well-Known Member

yes indeed the system's a tad repetitive. i mean, you basically go into an area, kill stuff, then loot the box that appears. still, it has that kind of flair that actually keeps you on the game and not off to something else.

6. deank27

Well i guess that "flair" wasn't effective on me since it made me want the translation patch for tales of innocence to come out sooner to stop my action-rpg ds games search for some time.

7. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

Its plays like an MMO so of course its repeititve.
    I guess you just don't like MMO's.

8. mlsterben

mlsterben Member

So.... is there a single player mode that plays like an MMO?

9. ggrroohh

Single player and Multiplayer mode are the same....
    Except in Single Player your partners are useless....
    The fun is in playing with friends...

10. deank27

well, if it's a point and move/attack kind of game then i would also say it's freaking awesome. but the way you have to keep pressing the Attack buttons to see the same moves are kinda boring to me and it's slow! since point and click kind of mmos are the only thing that interests me and fps

11. ggrroohh

Its a friggin DS.
    What did you expect?

12. The DS needs good hack and slash games! thank you PS0!

13. hahahahaha

hahahahaha Well-Known Member

Yes. Gunblades are made of pure awesomeness. The game is great.

14. marzz92

marzz92 Well-Known Member

This game is just... ok...

15. xelados

xelados Well-Known Member

I played through two quests online and 2 quests in single player...

It's okay, the Mag upgrade system is nice, but the gameplay is far too repetitive and simple.

Great graphics, though.

I'm afraid I haven't seen a really good 3-D action RPG on the DS yet. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates comes close. I'm hoping Echoes of Time is better.

Overall though? Sadly lacking. I'm almost tempted to go back to Super Mario 64 DS.

16. ggrroohh

Heh....
    Unless you've completed that Eternal Tower (OR something,dunno the name) at least twice,you don't know what repetitive is.
    100 floors with only a return to the town every hundred floor (No telepipes).
    I did it like four time (Maybe more).
    THAT is repetitive.

17. namklaw7

namklaw7 Well-Known Member

I could understand why people would lose interest in this game if they only played by themselves. It's definitely more fun to play with friends.

18. ggrroohh

Not to mention easier.
    The AI is so bad....

19. namklaw7

namklaw7 Well-Known Member

Don't forget to mention the crappy weapons they have.

I would've replied earlier but I was busy playing PS0. ;D

20. koyuchan

koyuchan Well-Known Member

haven't tried with online things, but so far, this game is not bad :D