1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Petz games help? acekard 2i heeeellllpppp :)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by wicket, Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wicket

wicket New Member

Hi
    I got an acekard 2i yesterday and loaded the latest firmware which is 4.21 if my memory doesn't fail me but instead of being able to play more games a lot more are not working :( Like charm games as well as petz games :(

Am i doing anything wrong?

1. I reformatted my sd first using my mac so its in disk utility. Would it be better if i reformat the card using a pc or it doesn't matter?
    2. I tried loading the Akaio as well as all the latest loaders but it got worse :( I can't even load the games that i used to play in my old r4i :( Found the Akaio more unstable but based on the reviews this shouldn't be the case.
    I have noticed that with the Akaio loader some games load but end up in a black or white screen
    Some games i click would load and then get stuck in loading
    other games would load and then it freezes in the middle or even the start of the game

Did i do anything wrong? I don't think its the SD card because I changed it twice already :( Is there anything I can do or missed doing that is why my acekard 2i is acting up this way?

Thanks a lot!

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

When you had akaio, where did you place the loader file?

3. wicket

wicket New Member

placed all three loaders in _aio/ak2loader

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

You made the same mistake as me XD

Do it again, but add the akloader to the "loaders" directory instead.

It worked for me when my games didn't work, sounds like it's poorly named, but if I knew the reason, you'd be the first to know :)

Try that suggestion.
    Post Merge: [time]1264084546[/time]
    Oh and you only need the "ak2loader" file in the loader's directory, even though there are 2 other files, those are for the older acekards, so you can ignore them (but don't delete the existing ones just in case)

5. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

The _aio/ak2loader folder is used for the official loaders, just in case you wanted to use one of them for whatever reason. I don't bother with it.

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Ah, why thank you :)

Now I learnt something new XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.